Principal's Message- July 27, 2022
Principal's Message- July 27, 2022
As the start to school draws closer, I want to make sure that you are well informed of the Back-to-School procedures. By now, you should have received information regarding our back-to-school process. This information was sent via US mail. Hopefully, you find that this will make our “Meet the Teacher” event more efficient. Please make sure you take the time to complete the following before August 1st. 2022 – 2023 teacher assignments can be found on the mailing label of the summer packet as well as in parent/student Vue.
- Go the gcpsk12.org/annistownes
- Use myPaymentsplus to complete the required forms and contributions
- Record your confirmation numbers on your confirmation ticket
- Go to the Meet the Teacher Sign Up Link to select your appointment time
- Use the link to complete the 2022 - 2023 Online School Lunch Application
- Bring your completed Confirmation Ticket to Meet the Teacher at your designated appointment time
- August 1st 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM Meet the Teacher
This will be by scheduled appointments. Each appointment slot is limited to 3 family members per student. There will be a virtual session offered for parents that cannot attend at 2:00.
- August 3rd – First Day of School. GCPS will have a staggered start to the school year. Please be aware of the date that your child will return to the building for in-person instruction.
- Wednesday, August 3rd – Kindergarten, 1st grade, and self – contained Special Ed. students return to school. 2nd – 5th grade students will be digital learners.
- Thursday, August 4th – All grade levels return to school.
At this time, masks are strongly encouraged, but not required for visitors, students, and parents.
Thank you for your continued support and enjoy the remaining days of summer 2022. We look forward to seeing everyone on August 1st for our Meet the Teacher and the start of an amazing school year.
Gwenda Nimmo - Smith
Annistown ES Principal
Student Password Resets Begin July 25, 2022
We have important information to share regarding the password your student will use to obtain initial access to the student portal and instructional resources at the beginning of the 2021-22 school year.
On July 25, 2022, your student’s password will be reset to reflect their birthday.
To access the student portal, your student will be required to type their numeric birthday in the password field using two digits for their birth month, two digits for their birthday, and four digits for their birth year. For example, if your student’s birth occurred on June 9, 2015, their reset password would be 06092015.
Students in Grades 6-12 will be required to change their password immediately after the first successful login to the student portal. GCPS is strongly recommending that students generate a passphrase as their password. A passphrase is a sentence-like string of words that is longer than a traditional password, easy to remember, and difficult to guess. Students, families, and staff members can learn more about creating a passphrase by visiting our website at www.gcpsk12.org/Page/29972.
Students in Grades K-5 will retain their birthdate password for the entire school year.
The privacy and security of the information belonging to our students, families, and employees is a strategic priority and we appreciate your support in the district’s efforts.
Free Community Tutoring