Carnegie Units for 8th Grade Students
8th grade students taking the following classes are eligible to receive Carnegie units:
- Algebra I
- Accelerated Algebra I
- Physical Science
- Spanish I
- Foundations of Engineering/Technololgy
Carnegie unit decision forms will be sent home with students on Monday, May 20. The decision forms are due on Tuesday, May 21. All forms must be returned, even for students are are not accepting credit.
2019-2020 Rising 9th Grade Course Selection Information
2019-2020 STUDENT COURSE LISTING
Please review the courses listed and verify that they are correct.
- Most students will have a total of 12 classes and 1 lunch listed. Students in the EPIC Program, AP Seminar, or AP World/European will have additional classes.
- The classes listed may conflict with other classes. Students will be notified before the end of the Drop Add period if this is the case.
- Please Note: Band and Orchestra courses labeled as “BEGINNING” are temporarily labeled this way for ease of scheduling, but will be changed to the correct course name by May. If you have any questions please contact: Erik Mason or Dana Ballard
- If you believe a data entry error was made, please email Mill Creek Drop/Add. Please include your student’s name, student number, and what you believe should be corrected.
What if I change my mind about a class I registered to take?
Students will have the opportunity to participate in a process referred to as Drop/Add. During the Drop/Add process, students and/or parents may pick up a Drop/Add Form from the Mill Creek Curriculum Office or print a copy from the school website. Completed forms may be submitted to the Curriculum Office or emailed to Mill Creek Drop/Add during April 12-May 22, 2019. Drop/Add request forms must have a parent signature and multiple requests may be made on a single form. Changes are not guaranteed and will be granted based on course availability. Students and parents will be notified via EMAIL on or before May 22, 2019 if their request was able to be granted.
NO SCHEDULE CHANGES WILL BE MADE AFTER MAY 22, 2019 except for those needed as a result of course failures or duplicate classes.
When will we receive a schedule with the teachers and the room locations? A copy of your completed schedule with class periods, teacher names, and classroom locations will be available on Orientation Day, Thursday, August 1st.
Moving this summer? Please notify our registrar, Anne Parkinson, at 678-714-5868 so we can update your change of address.
Middle School Volleyball
Girls interested in trying out for the Mill Creek Jr Hawks Middle School Volleyball Team: Please go to the Mill Creek High School Volleyball website or registration form for more information. Tryouts for the Jr Hawks Middle School teams will be on Friday, May 17th, 5:00pm-7:00pm, and Saturday, May 18th, 9:00am -11:00am, at Mill Creek High School Main Gym. You must have a current Physical. We will have two teams. If you have any questions please email Coach Bo Adams.
Degrees and Certifications: