WHERE IS THE PLAN AVAILABLE?
The Family and Community Engagement Plan and all other Title I information are available on our school’s website https://www.gcpsk12.org/ParteeES under Parents go to The Plan, The Promise. Families can also find paper copies of this Family and Community Engagement Plan in our Family Engagement Center.
HOW IS THE PLAN DEVELOPED AND REVISED?
It is reviewed and revised at least annually during the Planning Meeting in the spring. All feedback forms from the Planning Meeting are submitted to the Office of Federal Programs for review. Families who are not able to attend the Planning Meeting have the opportunity to review draft documents and provide input during the draft document review period.
Parents are notified of the pertinent information including Title I events, in English, via the school's website:
http://www.gcpsk12.org//Partee ES. We also communicate using our school marquee, student's Friday folders, school newsletters, and through social media and the ParentSquare app. Partee makes every effort to provide all information pertaining to the school and its happenings in other languages when requested.
Parents may request a meeting to discuss their child's progress by contacting their child's teacher through email, by calling the school office (770) 982-6920 to leave a message for the teacher, or by calling the Parent Center (678) 344-4410 for assistance in scheduling a meeting.
OUR DISTRICT GOALS
Empathy: Cultural competence, staff and student wellbeing, & educator diversity.
Equity: Multi-tiered system of support, opportunity and access, equitable resource allocation.
Effectiveness: Results-Based evaluation system, talent management, educational return on investment.
Excellence: Preferred education destination, post-secondary and workforce readiness, world-class communication and engagement.
OUR SCHOOL GOALS
We will provide all students with high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment to meet high academic standards.
At Partee ES, 100% of the students in K-5TH grade will achieve one year of reading growth as measured by Dibels
All our students will meet or exceed the standard for writing, and at least 50% will exceed on the standard for writing. Our K-5 students will demonstrate expected or high growth in the GCPS Common Formative Assessment in the area of Math.
The specific academic skills that Partee Elementary will be focusing on this year are:
- Math-Math fluency and problem solving
- Language Arts-Reading fluency and comprehension
WHAT IS A FAMILY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PLAN?
It is a plan that describes how our school will provide opportunities to improve family engagement that will support student learning at school and at home. All students and their families are invited and encouraged to fully participate in the opportunities described in this plan. The school will provide information and as many opportunities as possible for the participation of all family members.
WHAT IS A SCHOOL-FAMILY PROMISE?
It is a written agreement that outlines how the school, the students, and the family will work together to ensure your child’s academic success. An effective School-Family Promise contains the following elements:
- Clear learning goals that are linked to the school’s improvement plan
- Specific skills students will learn during the year
- Strategies that staff, families, and students will use to improve student learning
- Ways to extend learning at home
- Methods teachers and family members will use to communicate about student progress
- Opportunities for family members to observe and participate in the classroom
- Jointly-developed by families, school staff, students, community business partners, and other stakeholders during our Planning Meeting
- Partee Elementary School will review the School Family Promise with families during parent-teacher conferences and parent workshops throughout the year.
ENGAGING AND EMPOWERING FAMILIES WITH…
- Title I Program Information: Program information is available during the Title I Planning Meeting in the spring and Annual Parent Meetings in the fall, on the school website, and in the Parent Center.
- Curriculum Information: Knowing what your child is learning at school is important. We will keep you informed throughout the year about what your child is learning during parent meetings, conferences, eCLASS, and on our school website.
- Student Progress Monitoring: The Parent Portal is an online resource that allows families to view grades, attendance, schedules, assessment, and your child’s results, course history, and much more. Monitoring your child’s progress in school is an important way to be engaged.
- Parent Resources: We have many resources available for checkout to use at home with your child. We also host several parent workshops to empower you as you work with your child at home.
- Staff Training: We will train our staff to effectively communicate with you. Your input on how we train our staff is valuable.
- Communication: We will communicate, to the extent feasible, all information with you in a language and format you understand. Whenever possible, we will provide interpreters during parent workshops, and academic events. Translation is available for most documents.
- Transition Support: Entering a new school can be scary for both students and families. We will host events to make sure both you and your child are aware of what is expected and how you can prepare as your child transitions to a new school level, college, and career.
WORKING TOGETHER TO ENSURE SUCCESS
Partee Elementary will…
- Host digital and in-person parent workshops for all content areas as well as test taking strategies.
- Provide content specific resources and materials through the Parent Center.
- Provide transition workshop for the parents of rising Kindergarten.
Jennifer L. Clowers May 26, 2023
Principal’s Signature Date
As Students, we will…
- Read for at least 20 minutes every evening.
- Write about books that we read or create our own stories that include characters, setting, and events.
- Practice addition, subtraction, and multiplication facts weekly to improve math fluency.
As Families, we will…
- Check out reading and math materials from the Family Engagement Center to reinforce learning at home.
- Attend Literacy and Math Parent Workshops to learn ways to improve students' vocabulary & reading comprehension as well as learn math strategies that your child is using at school.
Partee is committed to frequent two-way communication with families about student's learning. Some of the ways that we foster effective communication include:
- Email, phone ,and school messenger
- Monthly newsletters from the school and teachers
- Student Agendas
If you need interpretation and/or translation services, please contact:
Mrs. Deborah Bridges, Parent Outreach Liaison
Phone - (678) 344-4410
Email - Deborah.Bridges@gcpsk12.org
ACTIVITIES TO BUILD OUR PARTNERSHIP
- Curriculum Night
- Annual Title I Parent Meeting
- Content Focused Parent workshops - STEM, Reading & Social Studies
- International Night
- STEAM Night
- Literacy Night
- Father/Daughter Dance - PTA Event
- Mother/Son Dance - PTA Event
- Kindergarten Round-up - Parent Transition Workshop
- Title I Planning Meeting & Document Review
- Parent-Teacher Conferences - October 18-19th & March 6 -7th
DID YOU KNOW?
- Title I is a federal program designed to support school reform efforts to improve teaching and learning for all students.
- Title I programs are based on effective means of improving student achievement and include strategies to support family engagement.
- The Title I Office reserves at least one percent of the district’s allocation to fund family and community engagement programs. The use of these funds is based on suggestions gathered at our spring Planning Meetings from families and community members. Funds are distributed equally to all our Title I schools.
- Childcare and/or transportation may be provided for meetings and school events.
Making a difference...one learner at a time
VISIT OUR FAMILY ENGAGEMENT CENTER
Our Family Engagement Center has learning games, books, and many other resources available for families to checkout and use at home. Our Parent Outreach Liaison is Deborah Bridges. She is available to help you find resources, navigate the Parent Portal, connect with teachers, and learn about ways you can help your children at home.
Our Family Engagement Center is located just down Hollywood Blvd, the second hallway on your right.
8:50am - 4pm or by Appointment
Please contact Deborah Bridges for additional information about our Family Engagement Center and resources available for check-out.
- Help shelve books in the Media Center
- Help create learning activities
- Help monitor students in the cafeteria
- Read to students
- Help with school celebrations and activities