Walkers will be released to the cafeteria at dismissal. Parents or guardians must present the walker tag for their child to be dismissed to you.
Day Care Rider Guidelines
Several daycares serve our school. Daycare vans drop off and pick up in the bus lane.
If your child attends a daycare they will receive an orange tag for their backpack.
Car Rider Guidelines
- Please do not park and walk a child through traffic lanes or ever allow a child to walk through lanes alone.
- Students who ride in cars may enter the side door each morning beginning at 8:20am.
- Staff members will help students in and out of cars and enter the school each morning if needed.
- Car drivers should remain in their vehicles at all times.
- The Car Rider line closes at 8:50, so students can be in class when morning announcements goes on the air at 8:50 AM. After 8:50, please park in the front parking lot and walk your child into the building to check them in since they will be counted as tardy.
- Cars need a tag number to pick up a student in the afternoon.
- Hang the car rider number from the rear view mirror where it is easily visible.
- Pull in the side parking lot of the school.
- We ask you to turn off cell phones so your full attention focuses on children who are getting in cars.
- Advance forward slowly as you approach the pick-up area where students are entering cars and pull all the way up in the driveway so approximately 8 cars can be loaded/unloaded at the same time.Please stay in line with the other cars. Do not try to go around the other cars.
- Children must load and unload from the passenger side of the vehicle only.
- No child standing in the car rider lane will be released to anyone who walks up to the line and asks for his/her children.
- If a parent is late picking up their child, the child will be taken to the front office where the parent, upon arrival, must come into the front office to pick up their child and show ID.
- Please be aware - if a note has been written to request that a student be a car rider and no tag number is on the vehicle picking up the student, the driver must park and come in to the front office. He/she will be asked to provide a photo ID. A staff member will check to see if the person is listed on the authorization form to pick up the child.
** On rainy days, we have a high volume of car riders. A finite number of cars that can go through the line during the thirty-minute arrival window. Students who ride the school bus will not be counted tardy if the bus arrives late; however, those who come as car riders (regardless of weather or traffic) are considered tardy after 8:50 AM.
Bus Rider Guidelines
- Riding the bus is a privilege – it is not a right. Bus transportation is offered to all Gwinnett County students. Improper conduct on the bus will result in the privilege being denied.
- All students receive a green (kindergarten) or yellow (1-5) Bus Tag to keep on their backpacks.
- If a student gets a new backpack, please send the Bus Tag with the new backpack to the front office, and we will attach the Bus Tag to the new backpack.
- If a student loses his/her Bus Tag, the teacher will send the student to the office, and we will provide a new Bus Tag.
- A student must have a Bus Tag to board the bus in the afternoons.
- If a student rides a bus every day that is not the student's home bus, the parent must complete a Transportation Parent Authorization Form.
** Due to the limited number of school buses and bus capacity, the District does not allow students to ride another bus as transportation for birthday parties, scouts, play dates, or any other reason.