New Student Registration
New to GCPS
Due to safety concerns, registration is temporarily taking place online. Click to view instructions on how to upload your documents.
Students new to GCPS have never attended a Gwinnett County school before.
Parents of students who are new to GCPS should:
These additional documents will help us place your child correctly.
- Withdrawal forms from the previous school.
- Transcript or report card from the previous school.
- Discipline record from the previous school or a document from the previous school stating the following: “Student has no discipline record.”
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) - Required if your child receives services through special education.
- ESOL Students (Speakers of Other Languages) – International Center for Documentation and ESOL Documentation. If you don’t have this documentation, please call The International Newcomer Center at 678-985-5200 to set up an appointment for your child to be tested.
- Gifted Students: Gifted Eligibility Report. Students coming from out of state must be tested.
- If divorced or separated, legal documentation showing a registered parent as the primary caregiver.
- Temporary Guardianship: A Letter of Guardianship is required for registration if the enrolling adult is not the birth parent. Contact Gwinnett County Probate Court (770- 822-8350) to obtain guardianship information. The court is located at 75 Langley Dr. in Lawrenceville.
- Registering parent’s Photo ID.
Rising 9th Grade Student Resources
Ready for High School? Below you will find resources provided by South Gwinnett High School to prepare you for your transition from 8th grade to 9th!
Look for events on the SMS Student Calendar; they will start with Rising 9th Grade!
A list of 8th Grade End of Year Activities has been established. To review the calendar of events and associated fees, click to download the 8th grade EOY activities list. A payment schedule has been established so that all funds are to be paid no later than April 29th, 2022.
DragonFly MAX is an electronic health record designed to save you time and ensure the athlete is healthy and ready to participate in athletic competition. South Gwinnett Athletics also uses DragonFly MAX to organize the paperwork for athletics to make sure athletes are eligible to participate in athletics. For your child to be eligible to participate in sports at South Gwinnett High School, you will need to make an account on Dragonfly and fill out some forms.
GHSA Physical Form is for students intending to participate in extracurricular activities. Use the link to download a copy to submit with your GHSA application.