Starling Elementary School
Where Excellence IS the Expectation
Back To School Information for the 2021-2022 School Year
Welcome back to the start of an exciting school year! This year, our theme is Camp Starling, Where the Learning Adventure Awaits. We believe this theme reflects our commitment to collaboration inquiry and innovation. In preparation for our August 4th start date, we have some important information.
Gwinnett County Public Schools will have a staggered start to the 21-22 school year. The first day of school for ALL STUDENTS is Wednesday, August 4th although some students will start in-person and some will start digitally. Read details below. You can also find the full GCPS calendars here: https://www.gcpsk12.org/Page/24152.
- Wednesday, August 4th - Students in grades K, 1 and students with special needs who are served in a small group will start in-person. All other students will participate in digital learning at home by logging in to eCLASS and following their teacher’s game plan.
- Thursday, August 5th - Students in grades 2 and 3 will start in-person. All remaining students will participate in digital learning at home by logging in to eCLASS and following their teacher’s game plan.
- Monday, August 9th - Students in grades 4 and 5 will start in-person.
Students should use their 9-digit student ID as their User ID and their 8-digit birthday as their password. For example, if the student’s birthday is January 7, 2013, their password would be 01072013.
If you need assistance navigating and logging in to eCLASS, please watch this short video.
Chromebook Needs Assessment Survey *Please only complete if you have concerns about student device access for staggered start days. Devices will be available for pickup during open house.
Friday, July 30th: Last names A-L 8:30-10 a.m. and last names M-Z 10-11:30 a.m. Teachers will also be sending out a welcome video to all families.
BEFORE coming to meet your teacher, please complete the three steps below.
- IMPORTANT Required Back To School Documents: Log in to MyPaymentsPlus (https://www2.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome). Returning GCPS families should already have an account. You can add any new students to your account after logging in. Read and sign off on required GCPS release forms/waivers regarding attendance and student information protocols.
- Transportation Form: Please complete for EVERY student you have attending Starling. If you filled out this form at the end of the 20-21 school year, you do not have to fill it out again. https://msg.schoolmessenger.com/m/?s=gRGHCJ6WJxY&mal=bdf1764657ad8bb3203402b250ee02f89498ae062370036e19281645b7c72c6f
- Join the PTA via https://www2.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome
School Supply List can be found on our website, under Parents and linked here.
Families may eat lunch with their child on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays beginning August 10th.
At this time, Gwinnett County Public Schools is not allowing classroom volunteers and visitors.
As always, we are a Starling family and here to support your needs. The staff and I are looking forward to a rewarding and promising school year.
The adventure awaits!
GEMS Oversight Committee Applications
Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) invites parents, community members, and school district employees to apply for the GEMS Oversight Committee, a group of community and school system representatives charged with the annual review of the Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS) curriculum. The next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 28, 2021. After the annual review, the committee recommends revisions and additions to the superintendent for adoption by the Gwinnett County Board of Education. Committee members serve a three-year term. Those interested in serving should complete the online application no later than Aug. 13.
August 5, 2021
August 9, 2021
August 31, 2021
8:30 AM - 3:00 PM PICTURE DAY
September 6, 2021
September 14, 2021
For Your Information
Responsible Digital Citizens stay on track! They follow directions and use their device at school for school appropriate and school related assignments.