Welcome to "The Den"
Bienvenida a "La Guardia"
The College and Career Center "The Den" is located inside the cafeteria next to the Java Cafe’ (RM. 1.560).
The Den offers a wealth of resources, materials, and opportunities that students and parents can take advantage of in finding post-secondary options for College, Technical & Trade Schools, Military Careers, Work-Force Development and Scholarships.
Parents are welcomed to schedule an appointment to meet with Mrs. Kimbro, our College and Career Specialist.
APPRENTICESHIPS OR CRAFT TRAINING
- Explore possible crafts and salaries available in the construction industry.
- Apply for apprenticeships or craft training programs to earn money while learning a craft. Programs include a variety of length options, from one to six years.
- Research companies that have training programs set up through their headquarters, on job sites or through local associations to begin earning while learning directly out of high school.
- Earn industry-recognized credentials and certifications upon successful completion.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE OR TECHNICAL SCHOOL
- Research application steps at community colleges or technical schools of interest, including admission deadlines and requirements.
- Explore companies that pay new hires to attend technical or community colleges to get training at night while working during the day for an alternative to an earn while learning program.
- Earn college credit or industry-recognized certifications and credentials upon successful graduation.
- Research application steps at colleges and universities of interest, including admission deadlines and requirements. There are various four- and five-year programs that offer construction-related degrees from design, project management, estimating, human resources, architecture, engineering and safety.
- Explore companies that offer internships to begin gaining hands-on experience while in school and building connections in the industry.
- Earn degrees in construction or architecture-focused programs upon successful graduation and begin a career in the industry.
Hours: 7:30am - 3:30pm
SAT & ACT testing waivers will be issued by electronic codes & will be emailed to students that qualify during the 2023-2024 school year.
First time testing fee waiver request, please contact Mrs. Kimbro or stop by the College & Career office.
If you (C/O 24') previously received a SAT testing fee waiver and used one of your testing opportunities during the 2023-2024 school year, your 2nd testing opportunity will automatically be in your College Board dashboard account. No additional SAT testing fee waiver will be issued.
Fee waivers are limited; issued first come, first served!