WHO: Parents or guardians of rising kindergartners—children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2022.
WHAT: Register your child for the 2022-23 school year in an easy, two-step process.
WHEN: Starting Monday, April 11 and closing May 20!
WHY: Completing online registration will help us be ready to welcome your new kindergartner and make sure your child is eligible for summer enrichment activities.
HOW: Much of the registration process, including uploading of documents needed for registration, will be completed online. Most document attachments (PDF, JPG, DOC, PNG, etc.) are compatible. The file-size limit is 2 MB. How to Upload Documents Needed for Registration
Step 1: Online registration on the GCPS website.
Step 2: Schedule an appointment with your child’s new school to verify information, complete a kindergarten readiness profile, pick up materials to help prepare your child for school, and learn about exciting summer enrichment opportunities for your new kindergartner! Check the website of your child’s new school for more information. If you’re not sure which school your child will attend, go to “Find My School” on the district website.
For additional information, check out the Gwinnett County Kindergarten Registration Page.
We're looking forward to welcoming our new kindergarten students in the 2022-23 school year!
1st - 5th Grade Registration
Much of the registration process, including the uploading of documents needed for registration, will be completed online. Most document attachments (PDF, JPG, DOC, PNG, etc.) are compatible. The file size limit is 2 MB. Families should begin online registration, even if their child's health records are not up to date. They can complete their child's health screening and immunizations with the Health Department or their physician before school starts on August 3. The documents families will need for registration include:
- An official document showing proof of birth date
- Proof that you live in the attendance zone
- A valid Georgia certificate of immunization (GA Form #3231)
- Evidence of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (GA Form #3300-Rev. 2013)
- A photo ID for the adult registering the child
- Proof of authorized person to enroll
- Child’s social security number (Students will be enrolled, even if the number is not provided.)
- Report cards or official school transcript (current K-12 student)
- Withdrawal form from previous school (current K-12 student)
- Discipline records (students enrolling in grades 7-12)
Please see the GCPS website for registration forms, helpful links, and other online resources: Welcome to Gwinnett County Public Schools!
Please contact Mrs. Bonzie Lea at (770)232-3284 to schedule an appointment and discuss the documents needed to complete the registration.