The Jones Media Center . . .
- puts books in the hands of all students.
- provides access to print and digital resources that support content learning, inquiry, critical thinking, and technology education.
- supports teaching and learning by collaborating with teachers, students and parents to create authentic and relevant learning opportunities.
- promotes responsible digital citizenship habits.
- encourages exploration of technology linked to artificial intelligence.
- empowers our students to become lifelong learners and innovative thinkers who are college and career ready.
Maile Steimer, Media Specialist
Theresa Buckley, Media Clerk
Media Center Hours
All students are welcome! The Media Center opens at 8:15 and closes at 4:00. Students must have a pass from a teacher.
We love to have parents volunteer in the media center! If you are willing to help in the media center, please contact the media clerk by calling 678-745-2056.
tudents may check out up to three books for a two week period. They may renew books for an additional two weeks. They may also place books on hold. Language Arts teachers bring their students for book checkout every two weeks. Students should return their books on time so that other students may check them out. Students with overdue books must return them first before checking out any new books.
Lost / Damaged Books
Replacement costs for lost or damaged books: $10 for paperbacks, $5 for magazines and $20 for hardbacks. Fines will follow students who transfer to another Gwinnett County school.
Students, whether working independently or under the supervision of a teacher, are expected to follow the Responsible Use Policy when using school computers. Teachers may reserve the Media Center computers for classroom use using the lab scheduler. Computers are available for student use beginning 8:15 - 4:00.
Gwinnett County Online Research Library
Gwinnett County provides access to a wide variety of databases and online resources. The Online Research Library is available through eClass.
We have a variety of educational and parenting books available for checkout in the media center. Come on in and browse!
Equipment / DVDs/ videos are available for checkout to faculty and staff only.