Media Centers are for EVERYONE!
The Jones Media Center . . .
- puts books in the hands of all students.
- provides access to print and digital resources that support content learning, inquiry, critical thinking, and technology education.
- supports teaching and learning by collaborating with teachers, students and parents to create authentic and relevant learning opportunities.
- promotes responsible digital citizenship habits.
- encourages exploration of technology linked to artificial intelligence.
- empowers our students to become lifelong learners and innovative thinkers who are college and career ready.
Gwinnett Public Library
GCPS students have access to the public library collection and services using their student ID # as their library card number. The public library has audiobooks and ebooks available online. See the media specialist for help in accessing public library digital items.
Maile Steimer, Media Specialist
Theresa Buckley, Media Clerk
Media Center Hours
All students are welcome! The Media Center opens at 8:15 and closes at 4:00. Students must have a pass from a teacher.
We love to have parents volunteer in the media center! If you are willing to help in the media center, please contact the media clerk by calling 678-745-2056.
Students may check out up to three books for a two week period. They may renew books for an additional two weeks. They may also place books on hold. Language Arts teachers bring their students for book checkout every two weeks. Students should return their books on time so that other students may check them out. Students with overdue books must return them first before checking out any new books.
Replacement costs for lost or damaged books: $10 for paperbacks, $5 for magazines and $20 for hardbacks. Fines will follow students who transfer to another Gwinnett County school.
Students will receive a Chromebook to use at school and at home.
Students, whether working independently or under the supervision of a teacher, are expected to follow the Responsible Use Policy when using school devices. Teachers may reserve the Media Center Collaboration Stations for classroom use using the lab scheduler.
Teachers may reserve iPads, the Active Floor, ZSpace, and VR sets for classroom use.
Gwinnett County Online Research Library
Gwinnett County provides access to a wide variety of databases and online resources. The Online Research Library is available through eClass.