German National Honor Society
German National Honor Society - Delta Epsilon Phi
The purpose of this organization is to recognize high school scholastic achievement in the study of German and to promote interest in the study of German language, literature and civilization.
The organization is a national educational honorary society for the study of high school German and is sponsored by the American Association of Teachers of German (AATG).
Students who attain an A average in 3 consecutive semesters of German may qualify for induction into Delta Epsilon Phi.
What kind of commitment is expected?
By becoming a member, the student commits him/herself to:
- an ongoing interest in the study of the German language and culture
- the promotion of German study among younger/other students
- an active commitment to support the German program at the school
- the active presence and participation during the induction ceremonies and at chapter meetings
- participation in events
What are the benefits of membership?
- a great sense of accomplishment in belonging to this nationally recognized prestigious society
- the knowledge that students studying a foreign language successfully have a real edge in scoring high on the SAT/ACT and being marketable in today's global society.
- membership in an academic honor society can be beneficial when applying for college
Induction will take place during Spring semester. Dues include Membership ID, a certificate and the Honor Cord, which will be presented during Mill Creek HS Honors Night.
For further information please see: Frau Holagh - Room A.213
First Wednesday of the month in A213.