Science National Honor Society
The purpose of this organization shall be to encourage participation in and recognition of scientific and intellectual thought. It is to advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science, to communicate with the scientific community, and to aid the civic community with its comprehension of science. It is to encourage students to participate in community service and, in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all mankind.
The SNHS is an honor society bestowed upon students enrolled in the 11th or 12th grade, but exceptional sophomore students can be accepted. The requirements for membership include the following:
- A member must have and maintain a 3.0/4.0 grade point average. The member must also have a 3.5/4.0 average in all science courses.
- Members should maintain good attendance and discipline.
- Members will complete 10 hours of science related service hours annually.
- A junior member must be enrolled in at least one honors or AP science course during their 11th grade year.
- A senior member must be enrolled in at least one AP science course during their 12th grade year OR have completed TWO AP science courses prior to their 12th grade year.
- Membership Dues ($20) include yearly dues, a t-shirt, and honor cords for seniors.
Applications are due by Friday, September 16.
Please send this teacher recommendation link to one of your current/former science teachers. Please take care of this early to ensure they have time to complete it by the application deadline.
We will meet monthly in room D204.