Work permits are only required for students under the age of 16.
How to obtain a Work Permit step-by-step:
- Students, click on this link to begin completing the Minor section online at the Georgia Department of Labor website.
- Enter the Social Security Number or Parent Alien Certification number, date of birth, and then select “Start New Permit”.
- Enter name, address, parent’s name, etc. and select “Submit”
- Ensure all fields are correct and complete.
- Select “Submit”.
- Minor will receive a 10 character “Minor Security Key (MSK)”. Print the “Work Permit Minor Confirmation Page” with the MSK and submit to the potential employer to complete the Employer section online at the Georgia Department of Labor website.
Once the employer has completed their portion online, the student must bring the MSK code and a copy of birth certificate to the front office. Once verified, the work permit will be completed within 1 to 3 days.
Please allow up to 3 business days for processing prior to picking up.