Registration for Students who are New to GCPS
Procedure for Registering a "NEW" to GCPS (Gwinnett County Public Schools) Student.
What is a "New to GCPS" student?
A new GCPS student has never attended a GCPS school before.
****** International Students *****
All students new to the USA will need to visit the International Newcomer Center (INC) before your local school can start your registration process. The INC will screen students and guide them with the registration process. Please call The International Newcomer Center at 678-985-5200 to set up an appointment for your child.
- View the instructions for GCPS Online Registration.
- Complete the GCPS Online Registration.
- Click the link for Required Documentation for school registration
All registration information can be found on the GCPS Website
Please call Osborne Middle School (770) 904-5400 - Option 4, to schedule an appointment with Ms. Reynolds to complete the enrollment process.
What to bring to your appointment?
- Withdrawal forms from previous school.
- Transcript or report card from previous school/ transfer grades if applicable.
- Discipline record from the previous school or a document from the previous school stating the following: “Student has no discipline record.” (This applies to all 7th and 8th Graders)
- An Individual Education Plan (IEP) and re-evaluation report are required if your child receives services through special education.
- Gifted Students: Please bring a Gifted Eligibility Report from previous school. Students coming from out of state must be tested before placement in GCPS gifted programs.
- If divorced or separated, please bring court documentation to confirm enrolling parent status/physical custody.
- Temporary Guardianship: A Letter of Guardianship is required for registration if the enrolling adult is not the birth parent. Contact Gwinnett County Probate Court (770- 822-8350) to obtain guardianship information. The court is located at 75 Langley Dr. in Lawrenceville.
- GCPS requires immunization documents, GA Form 3231 (Immunizations) and GA Form 3300 (Dental, Hearing, Vision). You have 30 days from the date of registration to hand in the required immunization documents for your student to remain in attendance at school. You may obtain these documents from your local physician or the Gwinnett County Health Center (770) 339-4283.
- Enrolling parent’s Photo ID.
Contact the Registrar
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our registrar, Ms. Paulette Reynolds.