Registration for Students who are Transferring from Another GCPS School
What is a Transfer Student?
Students who are currently attending a GCPS school and changing to another GCPS school are considered transfer students.
Please note that 5th graders attending Duncan Creek ES, Fort Daniel ES, or Puckett's Mill ES will not need to register for 6th Grade. Their enrollment will roll over automatically as long as your child is zoned to attend Osborne Middle School.
Withdraw from their current school and get a change of status form or withdrawal packet.
Please call Osborne Middle School (770) 904-5400 - Option 4, to schedule an appointment with Ms. Reynolds to complete the enrollment process for the 2022-23 school year. If you are enrolling for the 2023-24 School Year, please be sure to make an appointment CLICK HERE for this summer.
What to bring to your appointment?
- Withdrawal forms from previous school, status change form and/or withdrawal packet.
- Proof of residency. This will be a lease or closing statement along with the most recent utility bill or letter of service from the utility provide (gas, water or electrical bills ONLY)
- An Individual Education Plan (IEP) and re-evaluation report to expedite the correct academic placement, if this applies to your student.
- If divorced or separated, please bring court documentation to confirm enrolling parent status/physical custody.
- Temporary Guardianship: A Letter of Guardianship is required for registration if the enrolling adult is not the birth parent. Contact Gwinnett County Probate Court (770- 822-8350) to obtain guardianship information. The court is located at 75 Langley Dr. in Lawrenceville.
- Enrolling parent’s Photo ID.
Contact the Registrar
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our registrar, Ms. Paulette Reynolds.