Students who earn a numerical grade average of 94% in both Fall and Spring terms of the previous school year are eligible to receive an Academic Letter. There will be no rounding of numbers to the next highest number. Only credits earned at PRHS are elible for Academic Letter consideration. Academic Letters are awarded annually during Fall Semester.
Class rank is based on cumulative grade average at the end of 1st semester (Q2).
The Gwinnett County Public Schools gifted education program serves students by providing academic challenges for those who are intellectually advanced. Peachtree Ridge offers gifted classes in Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Directed Studies, and the Quest Internship Program. Students who have been tested and have met eligibility criteria in elementary, middle or high school in Gwinnett County or in another Georgia school system are eligible to take gifted classes at PRHS.
A student may be referred by a teacher, a counselor, or a parent for gifted testing. When a student is referred, he/she is placed in the referral process by submitting a portfolio to the Referral Committee. The next step is an official referral to be tested. Georgia Department of Education eligibility standards requires that a student meets the criteria in three of four areas: mental ability, achievement, creativity, and motivation. A number of assessment instruments are used in this process.
Corrections to a schedule may be considered if requests meet one of the following conditions:
The student does not have the prerequisite to be in a class. The student has already taken and passed the class. The student has failed this same course under the same teacher before and there is another teacher teaching the same course. The students
isin a senior homeroom and needsa course to graduate.
A = 90 or above B = 80-89 C = 74-79 D = 70-73 F = below 70
Honor graduates are seniors who have achieved a cumulative average of 90.0 or above (not rounded). These students are determined by grades at the completion of
firstterm and recognized at Spring Honors night. In addition, seniors may also achieve Honor Graduate status at the completion of the Spring term (Q4).
Confused over the course name that appears on your schedule? If you would like to confirm that you are actually in the correct class, you can take a look at the list of courses below.
SY 2020 -2021 Placeholder Courses
- 9th LEAP – IB ENG A LIT SLYR1/GF (YL)
- 10TH LEAP – IB ENG A LIT SLYR2/GF (YL)
- 11TH LAUNCH – IB ENG A LIT HLYR1/GF
- 9TH SPIRE – IB BIOLOGY SL YR 1/GF (YL)
- 10TH SPIRE – IB CHEM HL YR 1/GF (YL)
- 11TH SPIRE – ENG CONCEPTS or ENG APPLICATIONS (gifted)
- 12TH MECHATRONICS – INTRO MECHA B CIR or AC T E M & HYD SYS (gifted) (YL)
- 9TH AP COMBO (AP HUMAN/APES) – IB ENVIRO SYS SLY 1/GF (YL)
- 10TH AP COMBO (AP WORLD/AP EUROPE) – AP EURO/GF (YL)
- AP ART HISTORY/AP LANG COMBO – AP ART HIST/GF (YL)
- AP STAT/COMP SCI PRINCIPLES COMBO – AP COMP SCI PRINC/GF (YL)
- Girls Soccer (Veljovic) – Intro to GST & Tum
- Boys Soccer (Sutton) – Physical Conditioning
- Girls Basketball (Diggs) – Intro to Outdoor Ed
- Boys Basketball (Diggs) – Intro to Track and Field
- Football (Muyres 1st block) – Intermediate Outdoor Ed (YL)
- Football (Muyres 2nd block) – Advanced Outdoor Ed (YL)
- Blue Pride (Spencer) – Advanced Gymnastics
- Lunch Duty (Muyres S1) – Peer Leaders
- Lunch Duty (Muyres S2) – Peer Fac III
- Counseling Peer Leaders (S1/S2) – Peer Fac I, II, and/or IV
- Work Based Learning – MK WS
- Ridge Prints – Adv Graph Des
- RVN (S1) – Av Tech II
- RVN (S2) – Av Tech III
- Mane Event (S1) – Promo Prof Sales
- Mane Event (s2) – Mkt Comm Essent
- Weight Training – General PE
- Team Sports – Intro to Lifetime Sports
If you’re scheduled for band, orchestra, chorus, or dance and it is listed on your schedule,
then you have been placed in the correct block
for your skill level.