The End Zone
What is the End Zone?
The End Zone is located in the Media center and is a place to study, use computers for school work, and meet groups for school projects. The End Zone maintains an academic focus and is where we maintain the academic standard of excellence at Peachtree Ridge High School.
End Zone Hours
- The first day of second semester for the End Zone will be January 10, 2021
- The last day of second semester for the End Zone will be May 19, 2021
- The End zone is open Mondays through Thursdays from 2:30-5:30pm
- When there is no school on Friday, the End zone will not be open on Thursday.
Student Expectation in the End Zone
- The End Zone is an after-school privilege. Students are expected to sign in and out with their first and last name using the chrome books.
- Students need to be in the End Zone by 2:30 pm or have a pass from their teacher to enter the End Zone after 2:30 pm.
- Bathroom passes are available while in the End Zone.
- Students are expected to follow school rules and behave in a manner that promotes academic excellence.
- Students will be actively working on school work or reading while in the End Zone.
- Students not following the above expectations will be asked to leave the End Zone.
- If students are disrespectful of the End Zone environment, they may be restricted from access to the End Zone.
Students complete an application, references, and are interviewed by Ms. Fero in the community school. Students are selected based on their level of responsibility, desire to improve the school and ability to help others achieve at a higher level. There are at least three Head Tutors in the End Zone each afternoon. Head Tutors assist with check-in and -out of the End Zone, scheduling tutors, and tutoring.
If you have a student interested in becoming a Head Tutor, please have them email Ms. Fero. Students receive community service hours for this.
Peer Tutoring in the End Zone
Peer tutoring is available in the End Zone. Student tutors are trained through their national honor societies, HOPE and Beta club. Peer tutors receive community service hours. This is managed by each honor society or club.
Would you like to become a tutor? Please email Ms. Fero at Jennifer.Fero@gcpsk12.org
Would you like to request a tutor? Please head to End Zone and speak directly with one of the head tutors at the circulation desk. They will connect you with a tutor.
What subjects do you have tutors for?
- Algebra II
End Zone Supervision
While there is a certified teacher in the End Zone each day after school Monday through Thursday, the students run and operate the End Zone.