Guidance Regarding Gateway Waiver for the Class of 2019 and Prior
- This waiver includes students with a certificate of attendance from prior classes whose opportunities have also been impacted by COVID-19.
- Students in the Class of 2019 should contact Dr. Adrienne Wylie via email beginning on March 1, 2021.
- Students graduating prior to 2019 should complete an online records request form on the GCPS Website beginning March 1, 2021, in order to receive an amended transcript.
The Gateway is a writing assessment that measures that a student's knowledge and skills related to the areas of focus within world history, biology, chemistry, and language arts.
Access the Meadowcreek Gateway Resources eCLASS page (student access only)
If you are having trouble accessing the page, please see Ms. Poplar in the Media Center.
The Gateway Alternate program is a combination of classes and the test administration. The intervention classes provide aligned content remediation and daily written practice on a sample Gateway prompt. At the conclusion of the classes, students participate in the Gateway Assessment. The class ratio is approximately 7 students to 1 teacher.
Class & Assesment Dates:
Test First Session
Science Alternate: TBA
Social Studies Alternate: TBA
Summer Alternate TBA
Seniors who meet all of the following requirements are eligible and should be provided the opportunity to participate in a Gateway Alternate Assessment.
- Should have met all graduation requirements except the HS Gateway. This includes the correct Carnegie Units as well as meeting state testing requirements (based on the date the student entered ninth grade).
- On average, missed no more than one administration of the Gateway for every school year enrolled in Gwinnett schools (beginning with the 10th grade year). The summer administration should not be counted.
- Students who participate shall be required to attend all targeted alternate classes before participating in the assessment. Upon passing all Gateway subtests of the Gateway Alternate Assessment, the student shall be awarded the diploma earned if all other graduation requirements have been met.
*All students who received a HS certificate are eligible to participate in the Gateway Alternative Assessment.
Our Georgia Milestones Assessments are coming up. Students, please check the Meadowcreek High School eCLASS page for testing times and locations.
The Georgia Milestones End of Course Assessment (EOC) is a comprehensive summative assessment program. EOC assessments measure how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlines in the state-adopted content standards.
Accelerated Geometry: TBA
11th LA, US History, Biology, Algebra I
Access for ELLs
The Access for ELLs is an English language proficiency assessment to monitor students' progress in acquiring academic English.
Test Dates(s) for ACCESS: TBA
This year the ACCESS Test will be an ONLINE administration.
Georgia Alternative Assessment (GAA)
The GAA is a portfolio of student work that enables the demonstration of achievement and progress relative to selected skills. The portfolio is used to capture student learning and achievement/progress in four content areas: English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
Dr. Fred Glenn
Degrees and Certifications:
Dr. Fred Glenn
MU Academy of S.T.E.M.
Math Instructional Lead
Co-Advanced Placement Testing