Discovery High School New Student Registration
Welcome to Discovery High School
All registration will be in-person
Discovery HS will have open New Student Enrollment
Please bring the required documents and records with you.
If this is your first time enrolling in Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS), our school system has an easy-to-use secure online registration system that will allow you to complete many of the forms required for registering your child. This needs to be completed before you come in for your scheduled appointment.
If your student is entering Discovery High School from outside the United States, please contact the International Newcomer Center at (678) 985-5200 prior to scheduling an appointment at Discovery.
THESE ITEMS WILL BE NEEDED BEFORE ENROLLMENT CAN BE COMPLETED. NO EXCEPTIONS.***You must additionally bring your IEP if registering a special education student.***
- Proof of residency: (A) Copy of lease, settlement statement or current property tax bill. (B) A current utility bill (gas, water, or electricity). NOTE: If you are living with another family in our cluster, you will be required to complete and notarize a residency affidavit (forms provided by school upon request) and provide the documents listed above on the home where you are residing. Affidavits must be renewed annually.
- Picture ID of parent or legal guardian (Step Parents without legal guardianship may not enroll a student).
- Birth Certificate and/or legal guardianship papers from the court if not the birth parent listed on the birth certificate.
- Immunizations (GA. Form 3231) and Hearing, Dental and Vision (GA. Form 3300): If a student is entering Discovery HS from out of state, they may request a 30 day waiver to produce immunization and hearing, dental, and vision documentation on Georgia forms.
- Final report card showing promotion of a rising 9th grader and Transcript plus current schedule and transfer grades if grades 10th– 12th.
- Special Education Students must provide a copy of their IEP for enrollment.
- Social Security Number: Must have to qualify for HOPE scholarship
Please note that failure to produce these documents can result in delaying registration and the start date for your student. If the withdrawing school does not provide you with all the documents, you will need to come to Discovery High School and sign a release for records form. We can then fax a records request to the previous school. Please note that we require one day to request these records.
2022-2023 Procedures: COVID-19 Registration, Withdrawal and Records Policies
Registration: Students new to GCPS
1. Gather Required Documentation from THIS List
3. DHS will contact you to schedule an appointment.
4. During your Appointment: Please be prepared to verify the Required Documents and ID. Both the parent and the student should be present for the appointment.
Registration: Students Previously Enrolled in a GCPS School
1. Gather Required Documentation from THIS List
2. Log in to your Parent Portal Account with the SAME email you used to create the account the first time.
If you FORGOT your email address or password, do NOT create another account-call GCPS help desk at 678-301-6547 for assistance with your password
3. Add the new student and complete their online registration process and submit
4. DHS will contact you to schedule an appointment
5. During your Appointment: Please be prepared to verify the Required Documents and ID. Both the parent and the student should be present for the appointment.
*If you have any issue with creating an account or logging into either link above, call the GCPS help desk at 678-301-6547.
Required Registration documentation for All-New Students
The following list shows the required documents for enrollment: GCPS Required Registration Documents.
Note: Some required documentation that cannot be obtained during online registration will need to be provided once the school reopens. These documents include:
- Hearing, Vision, Dental, & Nutrition Screening
- Report cards or official school transcripts
- Withdrawal form from the previous school
- Discipline records
IF LIVING WITH ANOTHER FAMILY:
Per Gwinnett County Public Schools Guidelines: Students who live with their parents or legal guardians but reside in the home of another adult and are seeking enrollment into Gwinnett County Public Schools must complete a Residency Affidavit form and turn it in, to your school upon registration. Click here for the Residency Affidavit form.
International Student Enrollment
Students who are entering a U.S. School for the first time should contact the GCPS International Newcomers Center to begin the registration process:
Documents needed for Registration
New this year, much of the registration process, including the uploading of documents needed for registration, will be completed online. Most document attachments (PDF, JPG, DOC, PNG, etc.) are compatible. The file size limit is 2 MB. Families who are unable to obtain the required immunization and/or screening documents or information from the previous school due to the COVID-19 situation will be given additional time to obtain those documents but should go ahead and begin the online registration process. The documents families will need for registration include:
- An official document showing proof of birth date
- Proof that you live in the attendance zone
- A valid Georgia certificate of immunization (GA Form #3231)
- Evidence of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (GA Form #3300-Rev. 2013)
- A photo ID for the adult registering the child
- Proof of authorized person to enroll
- Child’s social security number (or you may sign a waiver at the school)
- Report cards or official school transcript (current K-12 student)
- Withdrawal form from the previous school (current K-12 student)
- Discipline records (students enrolling in grades 7-12)