LHS Senior Class Info
Class of 2023
For more information about the senior class, check the eCLASS page (in eCLASS, seniors can search for "Lanier HS Grade Level 12") for more information.
Cap and Gown Delivery
- Students can pick up their cap and gown at Lanier High School on Friday, April 21st during all lunch periods. You will also receive your Senior t-shirt when getting your cap and gown.
- If you are unable to pick your cap and gown up, please notify Mr. Layfield as soon as possible.
- Students who purchase their cap and gown by Saturday, April 15th will have a cap and gown to pick up on April 21st. If you order on Sunday, April 16th or beyond, your cap and gown will be mailed to your shipping address.
College Admission Testing for State Schools in GA
The University System of Georgia has become test-optional for the 2023-2024 school year, minus UGA & Tech who still require test scores for admission. This means that seniors in the Class of 2023 have the choice to submit test scores to apply for college at state schools in Georgia. Two exceptions are the University of Georgia and Georgia Tech, which will still require SAT/ACT scores for admissions. Also, you still need an SAT/ACT score if you are going for the Zell Miller Scholarship in Georgia. Zell requires a 26 or higher ACT and a 1200 or higher SAT. Here's the article.
- The Senior Class Decision Day will take place on April 27th during Longhorn Time.
- We want to celebrate your decision to attend college, technical school, the military or workforce!
- If you RSVP by the deadline, you will receive a free t-shirt!
- Please RSVP by visiting the link or scanning the QR code prior to April 14th.
CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2023! We cannot believe how quickly the year has gone by and before you know it, you will be walking across the stage at graduation! Make sure everyone knows how hard you have worked to achieve one of the best moments of your life and announce your graduation with class. Below is the direct link to order your Official Lanier High School Graduation Announcements, so don’t wait.
Not only will your announcements have your official school crest, but they will also be personalized with your name in the text just like collegiate announcements. We also created packages to make ordering even easier, but you can always add more to them, so no one is left out. Orders will begin to ship directly to your house, and you will receive tracking information once the order ships out. You can also go to www.3rdascent.com, select your school, and then click on Announcements!
We are so proud of you and honored to celebrate this milestone with you!
- DARK (black, navy, dark brown) shoes. We will also allow nude (not pink) shoes. If you choose to wear high heels, be sure to practice walking in them!
- Dresses or top/skirt combo without excessively full skirts or high ruffled necklines; if you prefer, you may wear DARK pants.
- DARK (black, navy, darn brown) slacks, DARK shoes, DARK socks.
- Dress shirt with a collar and a tie.
- The graduation ceremony will take place at the Gas South Arena located at 6400 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Duluth, GA 30097 on Thursday, May 25, 2023, 7:30 PM.
- Graduates must arrive no later than 5:30 PM. Your timeliness is a must. Late graduates will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- The doors will open at 6:30 PM for guests.
- Please note the arena has a clear bag policy. See more information on the next slide and on their website.
- Graduates should leave all extras (purses, cell phones, excessive keys, etc.) with parents or relatives to be retrieved following the ceremony.
- The arena has a clear bag policy for attendees. Please read more about their policy on the arena website.
The graduation ceremony will be held at the Gas South Arena (formerly known as the Infinite Energy Center) on Thursday, May 25th, 2023, at 7:30 P.M. Graduates must arrive by 5:30 P.M. Doors will open for guests at 6:30 P.M.
Graduation Livestream Link
The Class of 2023 commencement ceremony will be live-streamed on YouTube from the Gas South District. You can click on the link below to tune in.
The graduation practice is mandatory for all students participating in the graduation ceremony. You must be on time!
Who? Students participating in the graduation ceremony. Parents and spectators are not allowed to participate in the practice.
What? A complete run-through of the rules, regulations, and expectations of the graduation ceremony. Graduates will also receive their tickets during this practice. (Do not wear your cap and gown)
When? May 24th, 12:30 – 2:30 pm
Where? Lanier High School Commons Area
- Each graduate will receive FOURTEEN (14) tickets to the ceremony.
- If a graduate would like to request extra tickets, there will be a process for acquiring additional tickets, sent to student’s school email closer to the graduation date.
- Additional tickets are provided on a first-come, first-served basis and free of charge.
- This process will have a hard deadline, so be sure to stay up to date with your emails.
Important Dates to Remember
- Sept. 8 - Senior Parent Meeting (Theater, 7:00 pm)
- Nov. 1 - Deadline to take senior portraits (Contact Mr. Phillips with questions)
- Feb. 28 - Deadline to pay senior dues before the late fee
- Scholastic Images on Campus Days (letter jackets, cap and gown orders during all lunches):
- Monday, September 12
- Monday, October 17
- Monday, November 14
- Monday, December 12
- Monday, January 9
- Monday, February 13
- Monday, March 13
- Friday, April 21 (CAP AND GOWN DELIVERY)
- Monday, May 8
- All students must purchase a ticket on the GoFan app.
- If you paid junior dues last year, you need to “buy” a ticket using your student number. Your ticket will redeem as free once you enter your student number.
- If you are unsure if you paid dues, once they put in their student number, it will give you the correct ticket option. If you have any concerns, please email Mrs. Dolcimascolo.
- Guest forms must be filled out and can be picked up from Mrs. Dolcimascolo and upon return, you will receive a code to enter in GoFan.
- All ticket prices will increase on Friday, March 17th to $100 so act fast!
- The Senior Breakfast will take place on Thursday, April 27th during 2nd Block.
- Students will receive their senior letters and a senior gift during this breakfast.
- The breakfast will consist of Chick-Fil-A, breakfast snacks, and drinks.
Senior dues cover the cost of the cap and gown, senior t-shirt, senior activities, and costs associated with the graduation ceremony, including arena parking. Senior dues are paid on Scholastic Images' website for a fee of $150.00. The fee will increase to $170.00 on March 1st.
To pay for your senior dues, go to Scholastic Images and select Lanier from the dropdown menu. Click on the Cap & Gown image, and it will take you to the shopping cart. The company offers 3 different packages for students to choose from.
Senior Honors Night
- The Senior Honors Night is an event where we recognize students that are getting scholarships, cords, and/or awards.
- An invitation-only event held on Tuesday, May 9th at the Football Stadium, beginning at 7:00 PM.
- The rainout date is Thursday, May 11th.
- Invitations will go out by mail the first week of April.
- Senior letters are positive sentiments for seniors congratulating them on their accomplishments and wishing them luck in their next chapter.
- Senior letters can be written by friends, family members, and members of the community.
- Letters are typically handwritten or typed and can be dropped off in the front office. Please consider writing your friend a letter.
- The letters are due by April 14th, at the end of the school day.
- Family members and community members can also send letters to the school. Please use the following address format to send letters.
Senior Parent Information Meeting
If you missed the senior parent information meeting, you can find the information in this document.
- The Senior Picnic will take place on Monday, May 22 from 12:30 – 2:30 PM at the practice field.
- We will have multiple bounce houses, food, popcorn, cotton candy, and a host of fun!
- Wear your senior t-shirt!
- We will provide more information closer to the picnic.
- Senior walks are memorable ways for graduates to walk the halls of their previous schools and provide inspiration to students.
- Each elementary school will host a senior walk where students wear their caps and gowns and participate in an activity.
- Sugar Hill ES: May 24th at 10:00 AM
- Sycamore ES:
- White Oak ES: May 23rd at 2:25 PM
- Lanier HS: May 19th (More details to come)
Senior Week will be April 24th through April 28th, 2023.
Monday: Senior Citizen Day
Tuesday: Mathlete vs. Athlete
Wednesday: Twin Day
Thursday: College and Career Day, Decision Day, Senior Breakfast
Friday: Zoom Fit Day
Spring Senior Meeting