Gwinnett County Public School policy stipulates that students who are absent from school need to send a doctor note or handwritten parent note to the school – within 48 hours of returning to school – stating the reason for his/her absence. This written documentation should be given to the homeroom teachers.
The written documentation is forwarded to the grade level clerks for filing, and should the reason for the absence be one noted below, your child’s absence is designated as “excused.”
Excused absences include:
· Personal illness
· Serious illness or death in the immediate family
· Court order
· Observing religious holidays
· Weather conditions making travel to school dangerous
· Serving as a Page in the GA General Assembly
· Parent/guardian being sent overseas for or returning from active duty
If your son or daughter accumulates 5 unexcused absences, you will receive a courtesy call from the grade level counselor regarding this status. However, please feel free to contact us anytime you have questions or concerns as it relates to school attendance.