Contacting My Child's Counselor
When Should I Contact My Child's Counselor?
- When your child is having difficulty in school for any reason
- When family changes interfere with academic progress
- When behaviors interfere with academic progress
- If there is a crisis and you need information
- When you want to arrange a meeting with several teachers
- When you need help understanding test results and school records or to track school progress
- When you want to discover available community resources and agencies for your child or your family
- When you have questions or concerns about your child and you don't know where to start looking for answers
Contacting My Child’s Counselor
Please contact your child's grade level counselor for any academic and/or social emotional needs.
We are available Monday-Friday from 8:20 am-4:20 pm.
How To Contact The Counselor
1. Call or email the counselor during office hours. If you choose to email, please include:
o First & Last name
o Student ID #
2. Schedule an appointment with your student's counselor for a phone call or a virtual meeting (Zoom), by clicking the grade level link on the left. The counselor will respond via call or email. If a virtual meeting is requested, an email with a link to join the meeting at the designated time will be sent.