Resources for Parents
As a parent, you play a vital role in your child's life, and the School Counselor is here to collaborate with you in order to help your child be successful in school. I am happy to discuss any concerns you may have. If you would like to refer your child or schedule an appointment with the counselor, please feel free to contact me here.
- The Role of the Elementary School Counselor: A more thorough explanation of the School Counselor's role in the school.
- Parent Toolkit: This toolkit is designed to help parents track and support their child's academic, health, and social and emotional development from preK to high school.
- 40 Developmental Assets for ages 5-12: The Search Institute has identified these building blocks to healthy development.
- PBS Parents: Parenting tips and advice, as well as resources on your child's development, education and health.
- Kids Health: This website focuses on providing information about the growth and development of your child, from healthy eating to positive parenting.
- Growing Up Online: Digital Literacy + Internet Safety: This resource from The More You Know public service campaign helps identify ways that you can help your child use the internet in a safe and appropriate way.