When should I contact my child's counselor?
Here are a few examples of when to contact your child's school counselor (although there are a variety of times that may constitute you contacting your child's school counselor):
- When your child is having difficulty in school for any reason (socially, academically, etc)
- When family changes interfere with academic progress.
- When you want to become more involved in your student's educational and career choices.
- When you want to arrange a meeting with several teachers or with both teacher and a counselor.
- If there is a crisis and you need resources
- When you want to discover available community resources and agencies for your student or your family.
- When you have questions or concerns about your child and you don't know where to start looking for answers