LMS Media Center Vision
The vision of the Lilburn Middle School Media Center is to become a Learning Commons, committed to our focus of collaboratively engaging our students in the application of research skills, the effective use of technology, and in the appreciation and value of lifelong learning and reading.
LMS Media Center Mission
The mission of the Lilburn Middle School Media Center is to support the learning experiences of students and the teaching efforts of staff members while creating and instilling a love of reading and learning in our students. We will provide our patrons with age appropriate materials and resources that will facilitate and encourage creative learning and application of critical-thinking and literacy skills while using current technology.
Student Borrowing Privileges
6TH- 8TH GRADE
Up to two (2) books and one (1) magazine.
- Books are due in three weeks
- Magazines are due in one week
- Students may place books on hold. When the book becomes available, the student's homeroom teacher will be notified.
- Curbside Pickup is available on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8:30-3:30.
- Students with overdue book(s), either from Lilburn or another GCPS school, may not check out another book until all books are returned and the account is clear.
- Student accounts with lost media fines may pay the entire fine at once to clear the account, or may pay down the fine. If the student chooses to pay down the fine, the student must pay a minimum of $1, and will be allowed to check out one book at that time. Once they return the book, they must pay another $1 to check out another book. They may continue this process until the fine is paid off.
- Lost Book: Hardcover $20 / Paperback $10
- Damaged book: $10
- Lost or damaged magazine: $5
Media Center Hours
Monday - Thursday 8:50 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*
Friday - 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Curbside Pickup: Tuesdays & Thursdays 8:30-3:30
*Students using the media center before school must have a written pass from their teacher, as well as a purpose such as research or checking out a book, and must sign-in via the Media Center Google Form. Prior approval from the Media Specialist is required.
Group of students (no more than THREE students from the same class at a time) can visit the Library Media Center during school hours for doing specific activities.
FACULTY AND STAFF HOURS
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4: 30 p.m.