For the safety of all students at our school, these guidelines should be followed:
- Administration of prescription and over-the-counter medicine (even for a short period of time) is discouraged.
- Parents should check with their physician regarding the need for medications to be administered during school
- Medications prescribed for three times daily often can be given before school, after school, and at bedtime.
If you have any questions about this procedure, please call the school clinic.
- All medications, both prescription and over-the-counter, must be accompanied by the Medication Administration Form.
- Medication must be brought to the school clinic by an adult. This includes cough drops, Tylenol, and Motrin.
- All medications must be in the ORIGINAL CHILD PROOF CONTAINER.
- Prescription medications must be in the labeled prescription bottle. Medications stored in envelopes, baggies, etc., will not be administered.
- Medications must be picked up at the end of the year, or the school will dispose of them.