Discovery High School
New Student Registration
Welcome toDiscovery High School**NEW** All registration is a Virtual Process. You are not required to come to campus.Contact Debbie Chapman (Debbie.Chapman@gcpsk12.org) or call 678-226-2281
Summer Registration Info:New student registration for the 2020-2021 school year will be completed virtually at this time. In order to receive an appointment with a counselor, supporting documents will need to be uploaded during the online registration process.
**Please note, once you submit your online registration you will no longer be able to upload additional documents.**
When we receive your registration and the supporting documentation, we will send you an email with your virtual appointment information.
Counselor virtual appointments will begin the week of July 6th, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00-3:00.
2020-2021 Procedures: COVID-19 Registration, Withdrawal, & Records Policies
Registration: Students new to GCPS
1. Gather Required Documentation from THIS List
3. DHS will contact you to schedule an virtual appointment.
4. During your Appointment: Please be prepared to verify the Required Documents and ID. Both the parent and the student should be present for the virtual appointment
Registration: Students Previously enrolled in a GCPS School
1. Gather Required Documentation from THIS List
2. Log Into your Parent Portal Account with the SAME email you used to create the account the first time.
IF you FORGOT you email address or password, do NOT create another account -
call GCPS help desk at 678-301-6547 for assistance with your password
3. Add the new student and complete their online registration process and submit
4. DHS will contact you to schedule an virtual appointment.
5. During your Appointment: Please be prepared to verify the Required Documents and ID. Both the parent and the student should be present for the virtual appointment
*If you have an issue with creating an account or login into either link above call the GCPS help desk at 678-301-6547 .
Required Registration documentation for All New students
The following list shows the required documents for enrollment: GCPS Required Registration Documents.
Note: Some required documentations that cannot be obtained during online registration will need to be provided once school reopens. These documents include:
- Hearing, Vision, Dental, & Nutrition Screening
- Report cards or official school transcripts
- Withdrawal form from previous school
- Discipline records
IF LIVING WITH ANOTHER FAMILY:
Per Gwinnett County Public Schools Guidelines: Students who live with their parents or legal guardians but reside in the home of another adult and are seeking enrollment into Gwinnett County Public Schools must complete a Residency Affidavit form and turn it into your school upon registration. Click here for the Residency Affadaivit form.
International Student Enrollment
Students who are entering a U.S. School for the first time should contact the GCPS International Newcomers Center to begin the registration process:
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION
New this year, much of the registration process, including the uploading of documents needed for registration, will be completed online. Most document attachments (PDF, JPG, DOC, PNG, etc.) are compatible. The file size limit is 2 MB. Families who are unable to obtain the required immunization and/or screening documents or information from previous school due to the COVID-19 situation will be given additional time to obtain those documents but should go ahead and begin the online registration process. The documents families will need for registration include:
2020 -2021 Virtual Enrollment Process:
- An official document showing proof of birth date
- Proof that you live in attendance zone
- A valid Georgia certificate of immunization (GA Form #3231)
- Evidence of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (GA Form #3300-Rev. 2013)
- A photo ID for the adult registering the child
- Proof of authorized person to enroll
- Child’s social security number (or you may sign a waiver at the school)
- Report cards or official school transcript (current K-12 student)
- Withdrawal form previous school (current K-12 student)
- Discipline records (students enrolling in grades 7-12)
- Parents should register through the Online Registration System (OLR) on our GCPS website. Click the link below for instructions on how to use the OLR system.
- Parents will upload required documentation into the OLR.
- Local Schools will verify documentation to complete enrollment through our student management system.
- Appointments will be scheduled with the counseling office to create student schedules for the school year.
- Counselors and Curriculum APs will begin collaborating virtually to ensure new student schedules are comeplete.
- Immunization Form
- Hearing, Vision, Dental and Nutrition Screening
- Report Cards or Official Transcrips from the previous school
- Withdrawal form from the previous school
- Discipline records from the previous school
International Newcomer Center (INC)
- For middle and high school student who may need ESOL services, parents should contact the INC for a virutal appointment.
- The INC will provide placement recommendation following a screening.
Please access the form below to begin the withdrawal process.