Acceptable Use of Electronic Media (AUEM)
All GSMST students must adhere to the Acceptable Use of Electronic Media (AUEM) when using their laptops or the GCPS network. The primary goal of GCPS and GSMST is to ensure that every student is provided with a safe and secure environment, both in and out of the classroom, when working with technology to enhance their educational experience. The AUEM also serves as an integrity code for all uses of technology. It is GSMST’s expectation that all students will make good choices when using their GSMST issued laptop and the GCPS network. The AUEM also serves as a practical guide for students to reference when using technology to support their instructional needs.
Additional details about the AUEM and other behavioral expectations for GSMST students are contained in the GSMST Student Handbook.
Certificate of Enrollment
Payment should be made on MyPayments Plus; no cash payment will be taken at GSMST. All certificates are postal mailed to the student within 3-5 business days.
GSMST offers Driver's Education through our Community School. More information can be found here.
A valid learner's license must be held for one year and one day from its issuance. It must be surrendered at the time of testing.
Beginning January 1, 2007, all 16-year-olds applying for a Class D driver's license must complete the following:
- You must have completed a driver education course approved by the Department of Driver Services and
- You also must have completed a cumulative total of at least forty (40) hours of other supervised driving experience, including at least six (6) hours at night.
- Appointments for on-the-road tests are highly recommended and may be scheduled up to 90 days in advance. Walk in road tests cannot be guaranteed and may involve lengthy wait time.
- Have the driver's permit number available when calling.
- Applicants must know their social security number. The number is required to issue a permit.
- At the time of the road test examination, a parent or legal guardian must sign an affidavit that the applicant has completed at least 40 hours of on-the-road driving experience, including at least 6 hours of night driving, with a parent or guardian. The 40 hour requirement is in addition to driving completed with an instructor during an approved driver education class.
- A parent or legal guardian with a Georgia License or ID card will have to sign for you. The legal guardian must have a certified guardianship paper from court or adoption paper with embossed court seal.
- A Georgia DDS Certificate of School Enrollment must be signed and notarized from your school. It is only valid for 30 days. All applicants under the age of 18 not enrolled in schools must provide a GED diploma, high school diploma, or an attendance form from your local Board of Education if you are enrolled in an approved home school program.
- You must have the Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program (ADAP). Students have the opportunity to take this test during their health classes. If you have not taken health, you can still take the program through the GA DDS
- Applicant will be required to pass an eye and a driving test.
- The vehicle the driver is testing in must be properly insured, registered, have a valid tag and must pass a safety inspection. You will be asked to show a valid insurance card. You may not take the test in a rental car.
Certificate of Attendance
The DMV requires a notarized Certificate of School Enrollment when students age 15-17 apply for a driver’s license or permit. Certificate of Attendance applications are available in the attendance office for a $2 processing fee. Please allow 24 hours for processing. Certificates are valid 30 days from the processing date.
We expect all GSMST families to create and maintain a minimum of one (1) active Parent Portal account in order to monitor student performance and achievement on a regular basis. The GCPS Parent Portal has recently been updated with new features including the ability for parents to change email addresses and update phone numbers electronically.
Parents can register as first-time users by visiting the Counseling Office at GSMST and completing a registration form in person with Ms. Czarick -OR- by visiting the GCPS Parent Portal webpage and following the directions remotely.
Pre-Arranged Absence Form
If parents find it necessary for their child to miss school due to an out of town trip, including college visits, the absence must be approved by an administrator. The student must submit the request for the pre-arranged absence to the attendance office at least three days PRIOR to the first day absent. If the prearranged absence is approved, the absence will be classified as unexcused but the student will be allowed to make up missed work.
Student parking for the 2022-2023 school year is $70.00 (payable on My Payments Plus). All students who want to park on campus must return the form below to the Attendance Office along with the following items:
Student Physical Form
Students on a health plan or who have an underlying condition must complete this form in order to participate in GSMST Intramurals or other wellness activities throughout the year.
To order your GSMST yearbook from Balfour, click here.