Acceptable Use of Electronic Media (AUEM)
Certificate of Enrollment
Community Service Form
GSMST offers Driver's Education through our Community School. More information can be found here.
A valid learner's license must be held for one year and one day from its issuance. It must be surrendered at the time of testing.
Beginning January 1, 2007, all 16-year-olds applying for a Class D driver's license must complete the following:
- You must have completed a driver education course approved by the Department of Driver Services and
- You also must have completed a cumulative total of at least forty (40) hours of other supervised driving experience, including at least six (6) hours at night.
- Appointments for on-the-road tests are highly recommended and may be scheduled up to 90 days in advance. Walk in road tests cannot be guaranteed and may involve lengthy wait time.
- Have the driver's permit number available when calling.
- Applicants must know their social security number. The number is required to issue a permit.
- At the time of the road test examination, a parent or legal guardian must sign an affidavit that the applicant has completed at least 40 hours of on-the-road driving experience, including at least 6 hours of night driving, with a parent or guardian. The 40 hour requirement is in addition to driving completed with an instructor during an approved driver education class.
- A parent or legal guardian with a Georgia License or ID card will have to sign for you. The legal guardian must have a certified guardianship paper from court or adoption paper with embossed court seal.
- A Georgia DDS Certificate of Attendance form must be signed and notarized from your school. It is only valid for 30 days. All applicants under the age of 18 not enrolled in schools must provide a GED diploma, high school diploma, or an attendance form from your local Board of Education if you are enrolled in an approved home school program.
- You must have the Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program (ADAP). Students have the opportunity to take this test during their health classes. If you have not taken health, you can still take the program through the GA DDS
- Applicant will be required to pass an eye and a driving test.
- The vehicle the driver is testing in must be properly insured, registered, have a valid tag and must pass a safety inspection. You will be asked to show a valid insurance card. You may not take the test in a rental car.
Certificate of Attendance
The DMV requires a notarized Certificate of School Enrollment when students age 15-17 apply for a driver’s license or permit. Certificate of Attendance applications are available in the attendance office for a $1 processing fee. Please allow 24 hours for processing. Certificates are valid 30 days from the processing date.
Student parking for 2019-2020 school year is $60.00. All students who want to park on campus must return the form below to the Attendance Office along with the following items:
- $60.00 - cash or check (payable to GSMST)
- A copy of your current proof of insurance.
- A copy of your driver's license.
- Your completed 2019-2020 GSMST Parking Application (PDF)
To order your GSMST yearbook from Balfour, click here.