GSMST Senior Class
Exam Exemption Policy (Second Semester Only)
Seniors meeting the set criteria are eligible for exam exemption during Spring Semester. Students must have four or fewer absences spring semester and have a 90.0 average in the class (or be an Honor Graduate) in order to exempt. Seniors will receive detailed exemption information in January.
- Graduation will be held at the Infinite Energy Forum.
- The date and time of graduation will be posted as soon they are finalized.
- Information on requesting guest tickets will be posted in April.
Honor Graduate Status/Cords
- If your overall GPA after 1st semester of senior year is 90.0 or higher, you are an honor graduate and will receive a gold cord to wear at graduation.
- GPA's are not rounded, so an 89.9 will not qualify for honor graduate status.
- If you are close to 90.0, and bring your GPA up to or above 90.0 by the end of second semester, you will receive honor graduate status.
- Senior Dues are $150.
- The Deadline for Payment is February 29, 2020.
- After the deadline, the fee will be $170.
- Dues cover senior activities that are held throughout the year, as well as costs related to graduation (cap/gown, diploma/diploma cover, cords, the graduation ceremony, etc.).
- Dues can be paid by credit card online at Balfour's web site - www.gabalfour.com.
- Dues can also be paid by cash or check on any day that a representative from Balfour is on campus during lunch - 10/1, 10/2, 11/1, 12/11, 1/9, 2/5.
- Refunds will not be given to students who fail to meet graduation requirements or transfer out of GSMST after dues are paid.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE PAYMENT:
- Go to www.gabalfour.com (NOT Balfour; the ga must be included)
- Select GSMST, and click submit.
- Scroll down, and click "Cap & Gown/Graduation Fee".
- Scroll down, and click "View Package" in the box labeled "Your Cap, Gown, and Tassel!".
- Provide requested information and click "Add to Cart".
- Click "Proceed to Checkout", and submit your payment.
- Family and Friends are invited to send letters/cards for graduating seniors. This is a great opportunity to express congratulations and well wishes.
- Letters will be distributed at the senior breakfast on May 11.
- Place letters in a standard sized envelope or send a standard sized card in an envelope.
- Letters not sealed in an envelope will not be accepted.
- Packages, large envelopes, or envelopes with bulky contents will not be accepted.
- Write the first and last name of the recipient on the outside of the envelope.
- Bring letters to the Attendance Office or Mr. Kuninsky's room (5.241).
- Letters can be mailed to the school to the attention of Steve Kuninsky.
- Letters will not be accepted by email.
- Letters must be received by Monday May 4, 2020