GSMST Senior Class
Welcome Class of 2023!
Senior Dues are $165, and can be paid at www.scholasticimages.com. The deadline to pay before the price increases is February 28. See below for instructions you will need to submit payment.
Graduation Announcements are now on sale! See below for details.
Place orders for Graduation Yard Signs starting January 30. Orders are due by March 16. Pay on MyPaymentsPlus. See THIS FLYER for ordering info.
Cap and Gown Portraits are now available to view and purchase through Cady Studios. Click HERE to order.
GSMST's Graduation will take place on Thursday, May 25 at 6:00pm at the Gas South District Exhibit Halls C/D. See the GCPS Graduation Schedule HERE.
Wear your senior shirts on upcoming Senior Shirt Days! 11/3, 12/2, 1/23, 2/23, 3/23, 4/24, 5/16.
- Senior Dues are $165.
- The Deadline for Payment will be February 28.
- After the deadline, the fee will be $185.
- Dues cover senior activities that are held throughout the year, as well as costs related to graduation (cap/gown, diploma/diploma cover, cords, the graduation ceremony, etc.).
- Dues can be paid by credit card online at www.scholasticimages.com.
- A representative from Scholastic images will be in the cafeteria during both lunches on the following dates. You may pay by cash or check at this time.
- 9/7, 10/5, 11/2, 12/7, 1/11, 2/15, 3/15
- Refunds will not be given to students who fail to meet graduation requirements or transfer out of GSMST after dues are paid.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE PAYMENT:
Go to www.scholasticimages.com
Select GSMST from the dropdown menu and click “Submit”.
Click “Cap & Gown Packages”.
- There are three packages from which to choose. Package A covers GSMST dues with no additional products. Packages B and C include additional products from Scholastic Images.
- Identify the package you prefer and click "View Package".
Input Height, Weight, and Gender. Click “Add to Cart”.
Proceed to Checkout or Continue Shopping.
Graduation Announcement Orders
Graduation announcements are now on sale! Order your announcements HERE.
Not only will your announcements have your official school crest, but they will also be personalized with your name in the text, just like collegiate announcements. Orders will ship directly to your house, and you will receive tracking information once the order ships out. You can also go to www.3rdascent.com, select your school, and then click on Announcements.
Senior PortraitsGo to www.cady.com/schedule to sign up for a sitting.Your formal picture will be featured in the yearbook. The basic sitting fee/package will cost $30, but you may select additional packages with a variety of pictures.You will receive a free 8"x10" print of the formal picture at the end of the school year.Here is how to navigate the Cady site to access the basic sitting ($30):
- Go to www.cady.com/schedule.
- Scroll down and click "Book Now".
- Type "Gwinnett School" into the School Lookup box and click our school's name when it appears.
- Click "Select".
- Select your scenes - "Yearbook" will be selected. Select one additional Studio Scene for the basic package, and any more that you wish to have taken.
- Scroll down and click "continue".
- On the next screen, pick the session you would like to purchase. The Basic Session ($30) is at the bottom of the page.
- Click "No Thanks" on the pop up if you do not want to upgrade to "Elite".
- Review Scene choices, scroll down, click "Continue".
- Click "No Thanks" if you do not want to upgrade to the Standard Session ($50) or Click "Upgrade" if you prefer.
- Review and select/deselect extras. NOTE - Artist Touch ($19) may be automatically selected. Click the Pink "Selected" button to remove this service and associated charge.
- Choose a location, date, and time. Click "continue".
- The next page will show your total fee. "Double Your Proofs" ($10) is automatically selected. If you do not want to pay this fee, click the pink "Selected" box at the top of the screen to remove the charge.
- At this point, if you want the basic sitting, your total charge should be $30. If it is more, click edit to adjust any extra charges or reach out to Mr. Kuninsky or Cady Studios with questions.
- Complete registration and account creation.
Community Service Hours/Cord
Students with 200 or more documented hours of community service will receive a silver cord to wear at graduation.
Final documentation of Community Service Hours is due by Friday, March 20 at 3:00pm. All hours should be documented in X2Vol.
Graduation Speech Submissions and Auditions
- In addition to the Valedictorian and Salutatorian, one additional senior will be selected to speak at graduation.
- If you are interested in speaking at graduation:
- Submit a Word Document with the text of your speech to the dropbox on the Class of 2023 eCLASS page by Wednesday, April 12.
- Include a title with your speech; this will be printed in the graduation program if you are chosen.
- Speeches should be three and a half to four minutes long.
- You will be notified shortly after the submission date if you have been selected to audition with the Speech Selection Committee.
- The audition date will be posted later this semester.
- Contact Mr. Kuninsky if you would like to discuss ideas for a speech or receive feedback on a preliminary draft.
Family, friends, and teachers are invited to write letters to graduating seniors. The letters will be distributed at the Senior Breakfast on May 16.
- Seal letters and cards in standard sized envelopes.
- Do not send packages, large envelopes, or envelopes with bulky contents.
- Write the first and last name of the recipient on the outside of the envelope.
- Do not send letters by e-mail.
- Bring letters to the Main Office or send by mail.
- Letters can be mailed to Mr. Kuninsky’s attention at the following address:
Senior’s Name (first and last)
c/o Steve Kuninsky
970 McElvaney Lane
Lawrenceville, GA 30044
- Letters must be received by Tuesday, May 2.
- Graduation will be held on Thursday, May 25 at 6:00pm in the Exhibit Halls at Gas South District.
- The graduation schedule for all GCPS high schools can be found HERE.
- Additional details on graduation will be posted here as they are available.