GSMST Senior Class
- Senior Dues are $170. They can be paid online at www.gabalfour.com or in person when a Balfour rep is on campus (1/28 and 224). The fee is due by February 28, and the cost will increase to $190 after that date. Dues will cover the sitting fee for your senior picture and one 8x10 color print of your formal picture.
- Balfour sells class rings, letter jackets, and graduation announcements. View THIS VIDEO from Balfour for information on placing orders and paying dues on the Balfour web site. Information on class rings can be found HERE.
A few notes:
- Senior Dues are $170, and they are required of all seniors – this is Package A on the Balfour Site.
- If you choose Package B or Package C, the cost will include required GSMST dues plus what you pay for additional items.
- The shirt sold with Package C is NOT the official GSMST Senior Shirt. I will be selling GSMST Senior Shirts later this semester; information will be sent by email and posted on the senior web page.
Senior PortraitsGo to cady.com/schedule to schedule a sitting for your senior portraits.
Enter the code GSMST30 at checkout to receive a $30 credit! The basic sitting fee ($30) is paid for out of your senior dues, and you will receive a $30 credit if you chose a more expensive package.
All seniors will receive an 8"x10" print at no additional cost.
Pictures must be taken on or before December 30 in order for seniors to be included in the school yearbook.
Graduation Speech Submissions and Auditions
- In addition to the Valedictorian and Salutatorian, one additional senior will be selected to speak at graduation.
- If you are interested in speaking at graduation:
- Submit a Word Document with the text of your speech to the dropbox on the Class of 2021 eCLASS page by Tuesday, April 13.
- Include a title with your speech; this will be printed in the graduation program if you are chosen.
- Speeches should be about three minutes long.
- You will be notified shortly after if you have been selected to audition with the Speech Selection Committee.
- The audition date will be posted later this semester.
- Contact Mr. Kuninsky if you would like to discuss ideas for a speech or receive feedback on a preliminary draft.
- Senior Dues are $170.
- The Deadline for Payment will be February 28.
- After the deadline, the fee will be $190.
- Dues cover senior activities that are held throughout the year, as well as costs related to graduation (cap/gown, diploma/diploma cover, cords, the graduation ceremony, etc.).
- This year dues will cover the sitting fee for your senior picture and one 8x10 color print of your formal picture.
- Dues can be paid by credit card online at Balfour's web site - www.gabalfour.com.
- A representative from Balfour will be in the cafeterial during lunch on 1/28 and 2/24; you can pay dues by cash or check at that time.
- Refunds will not be given to students who fail to meet graduation requirements or transfer out of GSMST after dues are paid.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE PAYMENT:
Go to www.gabalfour.com
Select GSMST from the dropdown menu and click “Submit”.
Click “Cap & Gown Packages”.
Go to GSMST CAP & GOWN PACKAGE A ($170) and click “View Package”.
Input Height, Weight, and Gender. Click “Add to Cart”.
Proceed to Checkout or Continue Shopping.
Community Service Hours/Cord
Students with 200 or more documented hours of community service will receive a silver cord to wear at graduation.
Final documentation of Community Service Hours is due by Thursday, March 11 at 3:00pm.
Students will use a new program this year to turn in volunteer hours; there will be an advisement lesson sometime during the first few weeks of school to learn how to set-up your account and submit volunteer hours. Hold all paper copies of community service hours documentation for now, and plan to submit all hours to the online system.
Honor Graduate Status/Cords
- If your overall GPA after 1st semester of senior year is 90.0 or higher, you are an honor graduate and will receive a gold cord to wear at graduation.
- GPA's are not rounded, so an 89.9 will not qualify for honor graduate status.
- If you are close to 90.0, and bring your GPA up to or above 90.0 by the end of second semester, you will receive honor graduate status.