Child Safety Information- Home Alone Policy (According to the Department of Family and Children Services):
- Age 8 or under: Should never be home alone.
- Niños menores de 8 años: Nunca deben estar solos en la casa
- Age 9-12: Can stay alone up to 2 hours
- Niños de 9-12: Pueden estar solos en casa por solo 2 horas
- Age 13 and over: Can stay alone up to 12 hours and can perform the role of babysitter.
- Niños de 13 años o mas: Pueden estar en la casa solos por hasta 12 horas y puede ser niñeros(as).
17 Apps and Websites Kids Are Heading to After Facebook - Information About Popular Social Media Sites
Stop Bullying - What parents should know and what to do about bullying and cyberbullying.
Common Sense Media- Provides information about media and technology to help families make smart choices raising children.
Professional Parenting Advice and Child Behavior Information
Child Growth and Development- Helpful information about the health and development of children.
Empowering Parents- Free customizable behavior, chore and homework charts.
Children's And Adolescents' Mental Health - Features information on children's mental health and the importance of school counseling programs
Parent News - Provides professional advice on specific parenting questions and concerns
NASP Presentation - NASP has released a presentation for teachers and parents on helping children cope.