Summative Assessment Retest Policy
Students will be allowed to retest for two summative assessments (tests) per semester per core subject content area if they scored below 75 percent.
- The higher grade will be entered in the gradebook.
Teachers reserve the right to change the format of any summative assessment that is being redone for Mastery.
Any student is eligible to request another attempt at mastery.
- The request must be made by parent or student upon receipt of the test.
- The teacher is not responsible for initiating a reattempt.
- The student must complete the reattempt of the summative assessment by the assigned date.
- The window of opportunity to reattempt mastery closes after 5 school days.
All requests for a reattempt must be accompanied by a Summative Assessment Retest Request Form, which outlines what a student has done to prepare for the reassessment. Click below to get the Summative Assessment Retest Request Form.
The student will retake the test during the school day at a time determined by the teacher, which may include during recess/study hall or other times during the school day the teacher deems appropriate.