International Baccalaureate at Shiloh High School
Click here for your summer assignment. --> https://tinyurl.com/37nwmhjj
Welcome to the International Baccalaureate Programme at Shiloh High School!
Shiloh has been an authorized IB World School since 2012 and is one of only two schools in GCPS offering the IB Diploma Programme.
Famous & Notable IB Alumni
How is the IB different?International Baccalaureate® (IB) programmes aim to do more by developing inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who are motivated to succeed. The IB strives to develop students who will build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
The IB's programmes are different from other curricula because they:
- encourage students of all ages to think critically and challenge assumptions
- develop independently of government and national systems, incorporating quality practice from research and our global community of schools
- encourage students of all ages to consider both local and global contexts
- develop multilingual students
In order to teach IB programmes, schools must be authorized. Every school authorized to offer IB programmes is known as an IB World School.
The IB encourages both personal and academic achievement, challenging students to excel in their studies and in their personal development. They encourage students to be internationally-minded, within a complex and hyper-connected world.
Students are able to take responsibility for their own learning and understand how knowledge itself is constructed. They are encouraged to try different approaches to learning and to take responsibility for their own educational progress.
The IB programme helps students to:
- ask challenging questions
- think critically
- develop research skills proven to help them in higher education
IB programmes also encourage students to be active in their communities and to take their learning beyond academic study.