Out of state transcript request:
To request a transcript for an out of state college, complete a transcript request form located at the Front Kiosk. The cost is $5 for an official transcript.
MAXWELL HIGH SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY
GRAYSON HIGH SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY
The Fall will be your busiest time for college applications. It is important to begin working on your applications as early as possible. The Summer before your Senior Year is a good time to start. As you complete your applications, make sure all of your information is accurate, complete, and submitted by the application deadlines. Keep copies of all applications for your files. Continue visiting schools whenever possible. It is also a good time to search for scholarships. And don't forget to secure your teacher recommendations. Register to take the SAT and/or ACT if you plan on taking it again. Finally, do your best in school.Senior year does count!
- September: Apply for a PIN for FAFSA- Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Federal Student Aid ID (PIN) (This applies to both the student and one parent) Register with the NCAA (Eligibility Center Online) if you plan to play a collegiate sport. Please note that SAT/ACT score must also be sent to them. Their code is 9999. Early Decision and Early Action forms should be given to your counselor and recommending teachers by the end of this month.
- September - October: Check with each school to see if they require the CSS profile form for financial aid consideration. This is extremely important for students applying for Early Decision.
- October 1: FAFSA- Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Today is the first day you can submit the FAFSA. It should be submitted as soon as possible. Check each school's deadline for the FINAL filing date. (Hint: The earlier you submit it, the more gift money that will be available)
- September - November: College Representatives from a variety of schools will be on our campus and area. Visit our school's website and Career Academy Specialist regularly for information on these visits.
- October - November: Be sure SAT or ACT scores have been/are being sent directly to the colleges/universities to which you are applying by the testing company.
- November - December: FAFSA practice worksheets available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- April 15: Notification date- all schools notify of admissions decisions by this date; many will have notified earlier.
- May 1: Response deadline- students answer and notify the school they will attend. Students also notify those schools they will not be attending.
- June: Final transcripts need to be requested and picked up from the Registrar. You may request an official transcript for GA schools through your GAFutures account. Carefully follow your school's instructions.