Portal Password Issues
- If a student portal password is entered incorrectly 3 times the student will be locked out for 5 minutes.
- If a student or parent has their phone, tablet, or personal computer set to remember passwords and the password changes, the device will continue to try to login with the incorrect password, automatically locking the student out repeatedly.
- The fix for this situation is to either not have the devices set to remember the portal password or to make sure the password is changed on all devices once the password is reset. Please let your children know about this issue and ask them to log out of their portal account, then log back on with their new password if their portal password changes.
Student Data Plan Usage
- Another issue we have noticed at school is that many students are still using their own data plan while at school.
- Gwinnett County Public School’s policy states that students should use the filtered Wi-Fi provided by the school.
- Students may connect their device to the GCPS Mobile wireless network.
- They will use their portal login and password to connect to this network.
Classworks comprehensive intervention solution for grade K-8 combines assessment, individualized instruction, progress monitoring, and real-time data and reports in one, intuitive platform. Classworks provides a powerful individualized learning experience for every student using their own assessment data, whether that's a Classworks assessment or from one of our nationally-recognized partners. Students are engaged and motived as they interact with online English language, reading, and math instruction they are ready to learn!
Google Classroom can be accessed from any computer via Google Chrome or from any mobile device regardless of platform. All files uploaded are stored in a Classroom folder on Google Drive. Users can access Classroom anytime, anywhere. Less confusion of where to find digital copies of work.
Classroom provides students with exposure to an online learning system. Many college and university programs now require students to enroll in at least one online class. Exposure to Google Classroom may help students transition into other learning management systems used in higher education.
Teachers nor students will have excessive amounts of paper to shuffle since Classroom is completely paperless. When teachers upload assignments and assessments to Classroom, they are simultaneously saved to Drive. Students can complete assignments and assessments directly through Classroom, and their work is also saved to Drive. Students can access missed work due to absences and locate other resources they may need.
Classroom is a huge time saver. With all resources saved in one place and the ability to access Classroom anywhere, teachers will have more free time to complete other tasks. Since Classroom can be accessed from a mobile device, teachers and students can participate through their phones or tablets.
Built-in tools make communicating with students and parents a breeze. Teachers and students can send emails, post to the stream, send private comments on assignments, and provide feedback on work. Teachers have full control over student comments and posts.
Classroom offers several ways for students to collaborate. Teachers can facilitate online discussions between students and create group projects within the Classroom. In addition, students can collaborate on Google Docs which have been shared by the teacher.
Most digital natives are comfortable with technology and will be more apt to take ownership in their learning through use of technology. Classroom offers numerous ways to make learning interactive and collaborative. I
Providing meaningful feedback to students is a valuable part of all learning. Teachers can send feedback to each student on assignments. In addition, the Classroom mobile app allows users to annotate work.
MY eCLASS Curriculum and Instruction Tool
The classroom of tomorrow is your classroom today.
New digital resources that will expand the walls of the classroom are now available to our teachers and students. These resources, which foster collaboration and nurture creativity and innovation, are a part of the eCLASS Curriculum and Instruction (C&I) Tool.
So what does that mean for students? Easy access-- anytime, from anywhere -- to a rich collection of digital resources and an extension to the virtual classroom. With this new online tool, teachers can provide digital content, for enrichment or for extra practice, to meet each student's learning needs. Teachers can set up course pages that link a library of online materials tied to classroom lessons, giving students additional opportunities to learn the material covered in class. Using the MY eCLASS Student Portal and an Internet-connected device, students will be able to check assignments, collaborate with classmates, submit assignments, and even take classroom assessments... 24/7.
If you are unsure of how to operate eCLASS, please feel free to click on the eCLASS icon below to access instructions in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, or Korean.
USA Test Prep
What is it?
USATestprep offers more than practice questions. It includes games, puzzles, videos, and enhanced technology activities - all aligned to our Georgia state standards.
Student Log-in Information
Students log in information to USA Test Prep
- Account ID: shilohmiddlega
- Username: studentID
- Password: shiloh