AP Exam Registration
2020-2021 Advanced Placement Exam Registration Information for GCPS Students
- All students pay a $10.00 non-refundable fee.
- GCPS students can register between September 30, 2020 and November 8, 2020.
GCPS Students enrolled in AP courses:
- GCPS will pay for 1 exam for each student, as long as they are enrolled in the course for which they are testing.
- Each additional exam is $95.00, with the exception of AP Capstone Exams (AP Seminar or AP Research), which are $143.00 each.
- GCPS will only pay for an AP Capstone Exam (AP Seminar OR AP Research) if it is the only exam that a student is taking.
GCPS Students who are Free/Reduced Lunch students and enrolled in AP courses:
- Gwinnett County Public Schools will pay for all exams.
Students NOT enrolled in Gwinnett County Public Schools AP Courses:
- The cost is $95.00 per exam, with the exception of AP Capstone Exams (AP Seminar or AP Research), which are $143.00 each.
- The $40.00 fee for any exam cancelled in AP Registration and Ordering after November 13, 2020 OR for any registered exam a student does not take has been waived for the 2020-2021 school year only.
- A late order fee of $40.00 will be applied to each exam ordered between November 14, 2020 and March 12, 2021 at 11:59 PM for 1st semester and year-long courses.
- Students who have AP Comparative Government, AP Government/Politics, AP Macroeconomics, or AP Microeconomics during 2nd semester can register for those exams between January 6, 2021 and March 7, 2021.
College Entry Exams
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is an assessment that will be given to 10th – and 11th- grade students on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 from 7:10am – 10:30am. There is no make-up administration for students who are absent for testing. This test is an excellent preparation for this Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), which is required by colleges and universities. Eleventh grade students must take the PSAT/NMSQT during their junior year in order to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Program – an academic competition for recognition and scholarships.
The PSAT/NMSQT is administered free of charge to all sophomores at LHS. Juniors may register to take the PSAT/NMSQT for a $17 fee through Mypaymentsplus.com. Those who wish to register, but are not students at LHS, will need to register through the Counseling Office at LHS.
County & State Exams
The Gateway is a county mandated test that must be passed to receive a diploma in Gwinnett County. It is a writing test in Social studies and Science. It is graded on knowledge of the subject and language arts writing skills. Gwinnett’s Gateway tests measure how well students are learning the Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS). The Gateway tests are used in certain grades to determine whether or not students are prepared to go on to the next grade level. In addition, high school students must pass the high school Gateway to earn a diploma.
Review material is located on your student’s eClass page under the course name LHS Gateway Intervention Page. Students can review content and see sample essays on this page.
Georgia Milestone Assessments
The Georgia Milestones Assessment System (Georgia Milestones) is a comprehensive summative assessment program spanning grades 3 through high school.
Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. High school students will take an end-of-course assessment for each of the following courses designated by the State Board of Education:
- Ninth Grade Literature and Composition
- American Literature and Composition
- Algebra I (Beginning Winter 2015)
- Geometry (Beginning Winter 2015)
- Coordinate Algebra
- Analytic Geometry
- Physical Science
- United States History
- Economics/Business/Free Enterprise