The College Board has implemented some major changes regarding AP Exam registration and fees for all schools nationally this year. These changes are based on College Board research that showed students' early commitment resulted in greater student performance and success on their AP Exams. This year all AP exam registrations will take place in the Fall, with the exception of AP Macroeconomics and AP American Government for second semester classes only. The registration window will open in MyPaymentsPlus on September 30th and the deadline will be November 10th at 11:59 pm for year long courses and first semester courses. Students enrolled in AP Government and AP Macroeconomics for 2nd semester will have different registration window (without a late fee) to order between January 6th and March 8th for those two courses only.
As a reminder, when completing AP exam registration in MyPaymentsPlus, please have your child sit with you as you register him/her. Since there are no refunds for AP exam orders, your child needs to help you make sure that you are registering him/her for the correct exam(s).
Please read the exam information below. Click here to access the Registration Reminder flyer to print and post at work or on your refrigerator as a deadline reminder. Once again, there is nothing to do at the moment except be aware of the upcoming changes with AP Exam registration. Please be on the lookout for future emails and feel free to email me at email@example.com should you have any questions.
Dacula High School 2019-2020 AP Exam Registration Information
1. Exam registration will no longer take place in the spring for year-long and 1st semester courses. This means students will have less time to determine if they want to register for exams without being charged late fees than what they traditionally have had in the past.
- Registration OPENS in MyPaymentsPlus on Monday, SEPTEMBER 30.
- Registration CLOSES in MyPaymentsPlus at 11:59 on the night of Sunday, NOVEMBER 10.
- Exams ordered AFTER November 10 will incur a $40 late fee (charged by College Board).
2. All students will still receive ONE free exam when they pay the $10 registration fee on https://www.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome
- All other exams cost $94 each.
- Student with Free/Reduced lunch only pays the $10 registration fee.
3. The “no-show” fee for deciding not to show up to take an exam even though the student placed an order for it will incur a fee of $40 (charged by College Board).
- College Board will NO LONGER allow “standby” testing.
4. Free/Reduced Lunch: If you feel that your family qualifies for free/reduced lunch, the application must be completed by Friday, SEPTEMBER 13.
- Online application (Private, Fast, & Available 24/7) https://www.schoollunchapp.com
- Application Check Status http://gwinnett.schoollunchstatus.com
- For questions, the help line is 678-301-6307
5. Accommodations: If you feel that your student qualifies for accommodations through an IEP or 504, these must be applied for through College Board and must be INITIATED BY THE FAMILY by filling out and turning in all required forms. The deadline to apply for Advanced Placement testing accommodations is January 17, 2020. (Forms must be completed AND submitted to College Board by this deadline, so please work with your child’s case manager BEFORE this date!) https://accommodations.collegeboard.org/forms
6. The College Board decision was made based on their research (See snip below for a quick summary.) More information regarding the changes and their decision can be located at https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/about-ap/news-changes/ap-2019
Please do not hesitate to reach out should you have questions or need assistance.
Dr. Bev Renales, Bev_renales@gwinnett.k12.ga.us