Engineering & Math
- Project Lead the Way Curriculum: Foundations of Engineering, Engineering Applications & Engineering Concepts
- Industry certification (March 2017)
- We offer Dual-Enrollment calculus classes which are taught by Georgia Tech professors
- Our FIRST Robotics team, "The Metal Crusaders" has qualified for the FIRST State and FIRST International competitions. We also offer a VEX robotics team through our Technology Student Association (TSA).
- We offer the following Advanced Placement (AP) courses:
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Statistics
- Dual-Enrollment Calculus classes are taught by Georgia Tech professors.
We offer the following Advanced Placement (AP) courses:
- AP Biology
- AP Chemistry
- AP Environmental Science
- AP Physics I
- AP Physics II
- AP Physics C
In our Healthcare Science pathway, students will become Certified Nurse Assistants at the end of the program which enables them to be gainfully employed in all healthcare facilities upon certification. Students will receive high school and college credit while enrolled in the program.
- Marching band is undefeated in all competitions for the last three years.
- Wind ensemble has earned superior ratings at Large Group Performance Evaluation for past five years.
- Students are consistently selected to participate in All-District, All-State & collegiate band events.
- Select Women's Ensemble won the 2017 Georgia Southern Invitational.
- Hosts the annual Peach Jam Music Extravaganza
- Chamber Orchestra has performed at Gwinnett Music Educators Association State Conference three times, the American String Teachers Association National Conference twice, & the Midwest Clinic, an International Band and Orchestra Conference, twice.
- Chamber Orchestra has won the American String Teacher’s Association National Orchestra Festival twice, & placed first at National Band and Orchestra Festival at Lincoln Center at Avery Fisher Hall.
- Five ensembles annually attend Gwinnett Music Educators Association Large Group Performance Evaluations and consistently earn superior ratings.
- Members are consistently selected to GHP, Georgia All-State Orchestra, The Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra, Emory Youth Symphony, and Gwinnett County Youth Symphony & Kendall Youth Orchestra.
Theater & Visual Arts
- Regional Best Ensemble & Actor (2017-2018)
- 2018 GA High School Musical Schuler Award
- High AP Studio Art portfolio scores
DREAMS classes are designed to bring real-world and cross-curricular context to academic learning. Students that complete at least four DREAMS classes during high school will receive special recognition at graduation.
- 9 LA / Biology with embedded Oral & Written Communication (3 credits in 2 periods)
- Accelerated Science Block (Bio/Chem) (2 credits in 1.5 periods)*
- Chemistry and Scientific Research (2 credits in 1.5 periods)
- Accelerated PreCalculus and AP Computer Science (2 credits in 1.5 periods)**
- 11 LA / Audio Visual Technology (2 credits in 1 period)
- AP Physics I & Engineering Concepts (2 credits in 1.5 periods)***
- 12 LA / Dramatic Screenwriting (2 credits in 1 period)
- DREAMS Internships
* Biology & Chemistry is a gifted block
** Prerequisite of Accelerated Geometry
*** Prerequisite of Foundations of Engineering is required
Classes that use 1.5 period take the place of the student’s C25