9th and 10th Grade NTI Room
- Students are eligible for a referral to the Not Turned In (NTI) Room if they are enrolled in a 9th or 10th grade class.
- The consequence for NOT doing work is DOING work. We care too much to let our students not do work, fall behind, lose hope and fail.
- This intervention is designated for students who have not completed work in class.
- Students complete the missing work in the NTI Room and receive FULL credit BEFORE the unit test. Our goal is for the student to complete the work and practice valuable skills needed for mastery before the unit assessment.
- NTI takes place Monday – Thursday during the entire lunch/C25 period. Lunch is delivered.
- On Fridays, NTI teachers contact parents of students not completing work and/or not attending.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Currently, emails are sent to parents when students referred and when students do not attend.
Geometry and Algebra I Intervention
- Geared for students who meet criteria (failed a quiz or a test) so we can catch them “just in time” before they fall too far behind or their grade becomes too low to bring up to passing.
- Students attend during their ENTIRE lunch period….the 25 minute lunch as well as their Connect 25 advisement period. Attendance is mandatory. Skipping is considered AWOL and dealt with as such.
- Standards based and focused remediation and practice as well as quiz and test preview.
- Students are referred by teachers after they fail an assessment (formal, informal).
- Lunch is delivered.
- Ticket out? Intervention teacher administers a retest or re-quiz based on the standards the students needed to remediate– if students pass, they are out of Intervention.
Gwinnett Online Campus/Lunch Lab
- Students can earn .5 a Carnegie unit during their lunch.
- Students may take classes via Gwinnett Online Campus for no charge, OR
- Students who have previously failed the subject may be eligible to take classes using our local online modules. Modules are self-directed and students may complete more than one a semester.
- Attendance is mandatory. Students report to the GOC Lab every day.
- This intervention program is geared towards upperclassmen, with the goal of getting them back on track for graduation.
Peer to Peer Tutoring
- A tutoring opportunity for any student who wants help during C25 in any subject area and/or who wants assistance with any language/literacy barriers (may need their work explained in their native language).
- Students from National Honor Society and Beta Club have been trained to provide tutoring in their strong subject areas. By using students we provide tutoring in many languages and across all core areas.
- This is a voluntary opportunity that is student driven. Students in need ask teachers to sign them up for tutoring or subject-area teachers may identify students who need extra help and then encourage participation.
- Tutors come TO the C25 classes to tutor students for the advisement period then students go to lunch as scheduled.
Subject Focused C25
- Students are referred for subject-focused intervention if deemed at-risk.
- Focused C25 occurs for Algebra 1, Geometry, and Chemistry. Students are permanently moved to these Connect 25 (C25) classes for the semester.
- Students attend during their (C25) advisement period. Attendance is mandatory.