- Our Virtual Graduation Ceremony will be Sat., May 23rd at 12:30 p.m. via GCPS TV.
There are two viewing options for our virtual graduation ceremony.
1. GCPS TV – Charter Channel 180; Comcast 24 or 26; AT&T Uverse (Local Government)
2. GCPS TV On Demand – Closed captioning available http://publish.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps/home/gcpstv/videos/gcps/graduation2020
In the event that you have any disruption in connectivity during your student’s graduation ceremony, please know that these links will remain available after the scheduled graduation time. If you are experiencing internet connection or buffering issues, it may be helpful to access the downloadable version of the ceremony which will also be available on the graduation landing page beginning at the scheduled graduation time.
- Our Traditional Graduation Ceremony will be Thurs., July 16 at 7:30 p.m. at the Infinite Energy Center, if conditions allow.
- Senior Yearbook Signing Event - TBD
Cap and Gown:
For those who have not paid their Senior dues, May 15 - June 5, 2020, you have an opportunity to pay a reduced and non-refundable Senior Dues amount of $120.00 to purchase a cap and gown for the pending July in-person graduation. Please visit www.mypaymentsplus.com submit payment. The list of what the $120.00 covers is below. Once the order is placed and we have a delivery date, cap and gown distribution details will be posted on the South Gwinnett website and sent to the senior class.
The $120.00 covers the following:
- Cap & Gown
- Late Fees
- Rental of the Infinite Energy Center and
*Please note: The number of tickets that will be given to each senior has not been determined.
Return of the following School Items:
Textbooks, Media Center Books, Chromebooks, JROTC Uniforms, Chorus Gowns & Calculators
Thursday, May 21, 2020, 4:00 – 6:00 pm is the scheduled date and time to return the items listed above. It is important that the following guidelines be observed during this process:
- No one should be on campus if he or she is sick or has any symptoms of illness or if he or she has been in close contact with someone who has been ill within the last 14 days.
- Everyone should maintain physical distance of six feet or more from all other individuals.
- The CDC recommends the use of a face mask when around others.
- Do not share materials such as pens, computers, phones, keypads, touch pads, etc.
Those returning items should enter the campus through Odom Street and continue through the back of the school to the Performing Arts Center. Materials should be placed in the designated locations. In addition, please follow these instructions:
- Before leaving home, please place a sheet of paper with your student name and ID number inside each book.
- For Chromebooks, place the sheet of paper between the keyboard and monitor (when folded). This will ensure the book/Chromebook is checked in properly.
- For JROTC Uniforms, please place a sheet of paper with your student name and ID number inside the jacket of the uniform.
- For Chorus Gowns, please place a sheet of paper with your student name and ID number inside the gown.
Please coordinate a drop off time with your coach for all athletic uniform and equipment returns.
Seniors Who Need to Return Other Items
Seniors who need to return other school items that are not described above should contact their teacher or coach directly to make arrangements.
Seniors who purchased a yearbook separately from their senior dues, will be able to pick it up on May 21, 2020, 4:00 - 6:00 pm. We are planning a HUGE Senior Yearbook signing event. Make sure you go to My Payments Plus to purchase your yearbook if you did not get one with you cap and gown purchase. You will need a yearbook in order to attend the Yearbook Signing Event! More details coming soon!
Paying Fines & Fees
The deadline to pay all fees and fines (media center/library, cafeteria etc..) is May 20, 2020. Please refer to www.mypaymentsplus.com to pay them. Without payment, seniors will not receive their official transcript or diploma.
Thank you in advance for your patience in these unprecedented times and thank you for following the distribution schedule and times so that we can keep your family and our staff healthy. If you have any senior dues questions please contact Ashanti Anderson Ashanti.Anderson@gcpsk12.org or Vanna Mayfield Vanna.Mayfield@gcpsk12.org.