MARCH 27, 2020, UPDATE:Registration for 2020 Summer Health and PE for rising 9th graders has been postponed until further notice.Brookwood Volleyball Academy sessions have been postponed.Brookwood Boys and Girls AAU Team practices previously scheduled have been canceled until further notice.Drivers Education class activities continue online. "Behind the Wheel" Driving schedules will be postponed.Information/registration guidelines for the June 1-4 Drivers Education class will be determined after Spring Break._______________________The philosophy of the Brookwood Community School is to provide a variety of extended learning opportunities for youth and adults throughout the school year. Our goals are to utilize the existing facilities, provide lifelong learning opportunities for our community members, and implement programs that meet the educational, recreational, and vocational needs of the community.Brookwood Community School offers After Hours Programs, Summer Camps, SAT Prep, Drivers Education, and more. Please see the documents below.
spring 2020 test prep
Brookwood High School offers a range of SAT/ACT prep resources, from free video sessions to fee-required Saturday workshops and after-school sessions. Some area companies also offer free practice test sessions for students at Brookwood with registration. Refer to the documents on this page for all options offered at this time. Also check the Friday newsletter for timely notice of upcoming offerings.
MARCH CLASS IS FULL!
(Next session will be in June. Info will be posted in April.)CLASS DESCRIPTION: 30 classroom hours of instruction and 6 hours of drivingLOCATION: Room A113COST: $345. *Payment is available through www.mypaymentsplus.com.TO REGISTER: Download Driver's Education Contract (See below.)
Forms are also available in Office A1, and information is also announced at school. Class is limited to 30 students. Driver’s Education is offered at least three (3) times per year. Students must have a learner’s permit to register.
Summer 2020 Health and PE
Registration is limited by the number of faculty available to ensure a quality program. Please register early. Registration ends on April 30 or when classes are full.
COST: $250 per course $275 Out-of-County per course
LOCATION: Brookwood High School
Freshman PE: Lifetime Fitness
Freshman Health: Intro to Health
($500 for both classes)
7:00 – 11:00 a.m. 1st period PE/Fitness
11:30 a.m – 3:30 p.m. 2nd period Health
May 26-29, June 1-4, June 8-11, June 15-17, *June 12, 18
- *June 12 and June 18 are additional days for missed class time, if needed.
- Student must attend minimum of 60 Instructional Hours in each class to receive credit.
- Additional Snow/Ice days may change start and end dates. Please do not plan field trips/summer camps/vacations/sports events, etc., May 26 - June 18.
- GSMST students chosen in the lottery will not be eligible due to orientation schedule.
Open to current Crews and Five Forks 8th graders.
- Only students who successfully complete the 8th grade in May will be eligible to take these courses.
- Registration will be held beginning Thursday, March 26, 2020, at the Brookwood Community School Office (A1) at 5:00 p.m. Regular office hours are 3:00 – 8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Parent and student must sign the contract. Students must follow class attendance and discipline policies. Full payment must be made at the time of registration.
SEE DOCUMENTS ON THIS PAGE.