GSMST Lottery Qualifiers
The GSMST lottery application is open to all eighth-grade students who meet all three criteria below:
- My child has custodial residency within Gwinnett County (but outside the city limits of Buford), Georgia.
- My child is currently in 8th grade and is expected to be promoted to 9th grade by June 1, 2020.
- My child is currently enrolled in a math curriculum that is considered the equivalent of Carnegie-eligible Accelerated Algebra or higher.
I understand that if my child is taking Carnegie-eligible (non-Accelerated) Algebra this year, their lottery number will remain valid only if they earn a first semester grade of 90 or higher and they score in the distinguished category on the End-of-Course Test (in May 2020) –OR– they earn a score of 550 or higher on the math component of the PSAT 8/9 or SAT. (The test must be taken no later than 1/24/20.)
Information Nights for 8th Grade Families
Below are the dates for the three Informational Meetings that provide information to students/parents interested in attending GSMST. All meetings begin at 7:00 PM in the Cafeteria at GSMST, and the information presented will be the same at all three meetings.
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019 – Archer Cluster, Brookwood Cluster, Dacula Cluster, Grayson Cluster, Mill Creek Cluster, Mountain View Cluster, Parkview Cluster, Shiloh Cluster, South Gwinnett Cluster
- Thursday, December 5, 2019 – Berkmar Cluster, Central Gwinnett Cluster, Collins Hill Cluster, Discovery Cluster, Duluth Cluster, Lanier Cluster, Meadowcreek Cluster, Norcross Cluster, North Gwinnett Cluster, Peachtree Ridge Cluster
- Thursday, January 9, 2020 – make-up meeting date for anyone unable to attend the first two meeting dates
The application deadline is Friday, January 24th at 4:00 PM EST
By clicking on the link below, you acknowledge that your student meets the above-stated criteria for eligibility.
CLICK HERE to begin the Lottery Application Process (Form will open in a new window)