McKendree Elementary is hosting a Spring Fling on Friday, May 20th from 6-8pm.
Join us for a celebration of fun with music, food, bouncy houses, games, and prizes. Kona Ice will also be available for purchase.
Tickets for the Spring Fling can be purchased on MyPaymentsPlus for $10. The deadling to purchase online is May 16th. Tickets will be $15 at the door.
McKendree UMC Afterschool Care Information
Join the GCPS team as a School Custodian!
Withdrawing your ChildWe wish your child the best during the transition to a new school. Our school system has an easy-to-use, secure online withdrawal process that will allow you to complete the form required for withdrawing your child. Once you complete and submit the online withdrawal form, you will be contacted by a school representative to verify your ID and to provide you with any additional information necessary to complete the withdrawal if needed for your child.In order to complete the form and submit it, you will need to do the following steps:
CLICK HERE to watch a video on how to submit this form.OR Follow these steps:
· Click on the link below and download the form to your device
- Right-click, "Save Link As" to download the form
- Use the browser's Downloads button/menu option to open the file, which uses the system-default PDF viewer instead of opening it within the browser
- If Adobe Reader does not open, try installing/updating it, then restart your browser and repeat this process
· Fill out the form
· Click on the submit button at the bottom of the form· Choose 'webmail' and log in with a gmail or other web based account.
· This will prompt you to log in to your email and it will open your email account with a drafted email.
· Click send on the email.
Early Learning Programs
Play 2 Learn - is designed for children birth to age 5 and their parents/caregivers. This is a weekly 90 minute program that focuses on building capacity in parents to be their child’s first teacher, exposing children to a high quality school environment, providing social opportunities for children and increasing their access to books and resources.
Play 2 Learn @home- is designed for learning without ever leaving the home. This program provides videos that model for parents great ways to read books and teach concepts in all subject areas using everyday items that can be found in the home.
Gwinnett Building Babies’ Brains- is a community initiative that provides parents with the information they need to be their child’s first and best teacher. https://buildingbabiesbrains.com/
Mission and Vision
“Expecting Excellence, Making a Difference”
McKendree Elementary School will become a challenging environment that motivates students to become responsible, productive citizens and lifelong learners.
The mission of McKendree Elementary School is to be a school that prepares students to accept the challenges of a changing world by arming them with the skills of problem-solving, critical thinking, academic knowledge, and the citizenship attributes of empathy and social conscience that will enable them to become competitive and cooperative citizens.
• We believe in the intrinsic value and dignity of all people.
• We believe in creating a climate that promotes responsibility, self-discipline, citizenship, and motivation in our students.
• We believe in the partnership of the home, school and community in educating the whole child.
• We believe in developing high but achievable goals for each child.
• We believe in establishing high standards of learning and performance for all students.
Principal Tyese Scott