Gwinnett County Public School's Department of Special Education and Psychological Services is an award-winning program focused on meeting the special needs of individual students. In its quest to provide "quality learning through quality education for all students," the Department of Special Education and Psychological Services provides a wide range of services, including assessment and interventions. Students ages 3-21 are eligible for special education and related services within the district.
Department of Special Education and Psychological Services
437 Old Peachtree Road
Suwanee, GA 30024
phone: (678) 301-7110
fax: (678) 301-7222
Vision and Mission
GCPS will be a system of world-class schools where students acquire the knowledge and skills to be successful in college and careers.
Gwinnett County Special Education Department will work collaboratively with students, families, schools, and the community to enable students receiving special education services to make valuable contributions to themselves, their families, and their communities as a result of their GCPS tenure.
The mission of GCPS is to pursue excellence in academic knowledge, skills, and behavior for each student, resulting in measured improvement against local, national, and world-class standards.
- All students can learn more than they are currently learning.
- Collaboration with all stakeholders is essential.
- All special education students should be included in general education curriculum, instruction, and assessment to the extent possible.
- Decisions should be based on current data and replicable research information.
- The learning environments for students should be relevant, as rigorous as possible, and caring as perceived by students and parents.
- The teacher is a critical element in each student’s education. Resources should focus on improving the effectiveness of each special education teacher.
- Literacy, self-management, and partnering with parents are fundamental to achieving our Vision and Mission.