Vision and Mission
GCPS will be a system of world-class schools where students acquire the knowledge and skills to be successful in college and careers.
Gwinnett County Special Education Department will work collaboratively with students, families, schools, and the community to enable students receiving special education services to make valuable contributions to themselves, their families, and their communities as a result of their GCPS tenure.
The mission of GCPS is to pursue excellence in academic knowledge, skills, and behavior for each student, resulting in measured improvement against local, national, and world-class standards.
- Collaboration with all stakeholders is essential.
- All students who receive special education services should be included in the general education curriculum, instruction, and assessment to the greatest extent possible.
- Decisions should be based on current data and replicable research information.
- The learning environments for students should be caring, rigorous, and relevant, as perceived by students and parents.
- The teacher is a critical element in each student’s education. Resources should focus on improving the effectiveness of each special education teacher.
- Literacy, self-management, and partnering with parents are fundamental to achieving our Vision and Mission.