Early Childhood Special Education
The Early Childhood Special Education Program is designed with the developmental stages of the young child in mind. We offer a play-based curriculum through which the child's learning goals -- the Individual Education Program (IEP) -- can be addressed.
Our goal is to lead and support the education of young children, in partnership with families, and to provide each child with special needs a rich and challenging educational experience.
Who Qualifies for Early Childhood Special Education?
Any preschool aged child who is found eligible because he or she shows:
- developmental delays.
- attention and/or behavior difficulties.
- speech and/or language challenges.
- hearing and/or vision impairments.
- physical and/or medical disabilities.
Eligibility is determined through evaluation by a team of specialists with input from the parents.
How do I make a referral for my child to be evaluated?
Step 1: Complete the Parent Questionnaire
Step 2: Submit the following documents
- Completed Parent Questionnaire
- Birth Certificate
- Additional Documents: Teacher Questionnaire if your child attends a program outside the home and any private evaluations.
Step 3: Submit all documents via fax, email, or mail
- Email: ECP@gcpsk12.org
- Mail: Gwinnett County Public Schools
J. Alvin Willbanks Instructional Center
Attn: Early Childhood Special Education
437 Old Peachtree Rd. NW
Suwanee, GA 30024-2978
- Fax: 678-301-6663
Please note that if your child is found eligible for services, you will be asked by the school to submit all required documentation for enrollment. The required documents can be found on the online registration page.