Due to COVID-19 school closures, the withdrawal process for Gwinnett County Public Schools has changed.
We, at South Gwinnett High School, wish your child the best during the transition to a new school. Our school system has a new, easy-to-use, secure online withdrawal process that will allow you to complete the form required for withdrawing your child.
- Please attach a copy of your ID with this submission.
- The withdrawal will be processed within 48 hours.
- Please have the new enrolling school where your child is registering fax a Records' Release to (770) 736-4329 on the school's letterhead to allow our Record Clerk to be able to mail your child's records to that school.
- You are also welcome to come in person and fill out the paperwork at our Main Office if necessary. Masks are required in the buidling and all Social Distancing rules are being followed.
IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE FIRST
It is PREFERRED for you to use Internet Explorer to complete this form. Even if you don't normally use Internet Explorer as your browser of choice, this process will go more smoothly if you use Internet Explorer to fill out this form.
If using Internet Explorer (IE):
- Click on the link to the form above.
- Fill out the form.
- Click on the submit button at the bottom of the form. *This will: open your default email account, automatically attach your filled-out form, and send it to the correct people at SGHS.
If using a different internet browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari:
If you are using another browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) in order to complete the form and submit it, you will need to DOWNLOAD THE FORM first using the following steps. You can NOT just click on the link and fill out the form. You MUST download the document. Then when you open it, it can NOT open up in your internet browser (unless it's Internet Explorer). It HAS TO OPEN in the Adobe application.
- Click on the link to the form above, download and save the form to your device.
- Open the downloaded form with an Adobe application (if it opens in your internet browser it won't work!)
- Fill out the form.
- Click on the submit button at the bottom of the form *This will: open your email account, automatically attach your filled-out form, and send it to the correct people at SGHS.
Please be sure to check your default email Sent folder after submitting the withdrawal form to ensure that your form was sent. If you do not see the email in your Sent folder, please check your default email Draft folder. Some email settings may require the additional step of clicking send from within the Draft folder of your default email account.