School Nutrition Program Mission
As a partner in education, the Gwinnett County School Nutrition Program contributes to a successful academic experience and encourages a lifetime of healthy eating by providing each student with the affordable opportunity to consume meals that are nutritious, appealing, and served by caring professionals in a pleasant environment.
School Nutrition Program Vision
- Provide the opportunity for all students to meet their daily, nutritional needs for meals consumed at school.
- Provide healthy choices that comply with the Dietary Guidelines.
- Be recognized by peers and the community as a leader in the school nutrition field.
- Provide training for professional growth.
- Provide nutrition education for all students.
- Operate a financially sound program.
- Maintain standards of sanitation set by the Health Department.
- Be an integral part of the comprehensive school health program.
- Support policies that ensure all foods available to students during the school day comply with the Dietary Guidelines.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of food production and service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Encourage involvement of all employees in our professional associations.
- Work cooperatively with school administrators and the PTA.
- Utilize technology as needed to enhance effectiveness of program.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.