Bus Driver Positions
We offer up to $23.08 per hour AND an outstanding benefits package!
We are currently hiring for bus drivers to join our winning team!
The GCPS Transportation team transports over 133,700 students to and from school every day. Our bus driver training program is award-winning and best-in-class. We provide you with fully paid Commercial Driver's License training while you enjoy the benefits of working and growing in a world-class district.
School bus drivers in Gwinnett County Public Schools enjoy:
- Up to $23.08 hourly wage
- Guaranteed hours
- Combined 6-hour guarantee per day for drivers working morning and afternoon routes
- Most GCPS drivers work an average of 7-8 hours per day
- Drivers have opportunity to earn additional money through field trips and other activities
- Higher take-home pay
- GCPS does not participate in Social Security - you see 5% more of your money in your pocket
- Health benefits
- District contributes to the cost of benefits
- Basic life insurance of $15,000, guarantee-issue for all benefited employees
- Medical, vision, dental, short-term disability, and more
- 100% Fully Paid Commercial Driver's License Training
- Award-winning Safety & Training Curriculum
- Receive full pay while being trained by the very best for your CDL
- Classroom, range and road training - GCPS has three of our own driving ranges
- CDL testing by our own certified examiners, conducted on-site
- Time Off
- 10 days of paid sick leave per school year (three of which can be used as personal days)
- Summers off of work, plus all major holidays
- Drivers follow the student calendar - be home when your kids are off of school!
- Work Schedule Fits Your Busy Life
- Most drivers are done for the day by 5:00pm on weekdays
- Weekend work may be optional (field trips, etc.), but is never required
- Drivers have a mid-day break (typically 9:30am - 1:30pm) to run errands, meet teachers for conferences, workout, or pursue other personal activities
- Bring Your Child to Work
- Drivers are able to bring their GCPS school-aged children on the bus with them, if the children attend school in the driver's zone
- All possible effort is made to place drivers in a zone where their child(ren) attend a GCPS school
- Retirement benefits
- Public School Employee's Retirement System (PSERS)
- Gwinnett Retirement System (GRS) - social security replacement
Wanting to join the Transportation team as a School Bus Monitor? GCPS is also hiring for bus monitors, a critical support role that provides assistance to Special Education students being transported. School bus monitors enjoy many of the same benefits as drivers, but are not required to hold a Commercial Driver's License.
How do I apply?
Click below to apply today! Submit your completed application, along with required work history, and a reference form completed by a previous supervisor. Drivers must be 21 years or older, and must have a good driving record to be considered.
The Transportation Department will contact qualified applicants to schedule an interview. For additional information call 678-225-7670.