Want to Change Lives? Be a GCPS Paraprofessional
Paraprofessionals provide support to the instructional program within an assigned classroom with specific responsibility for assisting in the supervision, care, and instruction of special needs students in the regular education classroom, special education classroom, community, and assisting in implementing plans for instruction, monitoring student behavior during non-classroom time, providing information to appropriate school personnel and attending individual Education Program (IEP) meetings. Experience is preferred in a licensed childcare environment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent and passed the Parapro Assessment (prior to March 1, 2007) or
- Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators® (GACE®) Parapro Assessment or
- In lieu of assessments: 60 semester or 90 quarter hours from a Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) approved college or university are required.
Degree and transcript from a country outside the US?
List of Accredited Agencies for Foreign Credential Reports. Once you receive your credential report, please upload the report to your online application.
Join TeamGCPS as a Paraprofessional!
- Make between $23,159 and $38,487, based on related experience and college coursework.
- Are eligible for the outstanding health benefits available to all GCPS staff, with a generous employer contribution.
- Receive retirement benefits through the Teacher’s Retirement System of Georgia (TRS) and the Gwinnett Retirement System (GRS).
- See 5% more of the money that they earn as take-home pay, since GCPS does not participate in social security.
- Enjoy weekends, weeknights, student holidays and summers off.
- Are paid monthly and receive pay all throughout the year – even including the summer months!
- Receive generous paid sick leave, including 3 days to be used as personal leave throughout each school year.
- Ready to get started?
- Apply for specific job paraprofessional vacancies in Applitrack or
- Contact our GCPS Recruitment Team
"I am empathetic to others… seeing with the eyes of another, and feeling with the touch of another… Here at Oakland Meadow, that's what we're all about! ONE ANOTHER"
Ms. Daberah McCrimmon
Oakland Meadow School
Nationally Acclaimed. Incredibly Diverse.