Substitute Management - New Hire Information
GCPS substitute teachers complete online training specifically designed to help non-teachers succeed in their role as a guest leader of the classroom. This online training addresses effective classroom management strategies, special education basics, classroom technology, professionalism, school safety, Absence Management, and other helpful topics.
Our substitute training program is designed to provide you with an overview of the information needed to successfully fulfill your role as a substitute. For substitute teachers, the documents below must be completed prior to attending Substitute Teacher Orientation. Please bring each completed form with you to your schedule orientation session.
- Federal W-4 Tax Withholding Allowance Form
- Georgia G-4 Tax Withholding Allowance Form
- Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form - You will only need to print pages 1 and 2. You must bring the original unexpired document(s) selected from the Lists of Acceptable Documents on page 3 for the I-9 form.
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form- A voided check or a direct deposit letter from your bank must be provided with the form.
- Substitute - Compensation Data Form
- GCPS Substitute Acknowledgement Form
- GCPS Substitute Confidentiality Agreement
- GCPS Policies
- Working With Students With Chronic Medical Conditions - Only Substitute Teachers, Substitute Paraprofessionals, and Substitute Clinic Workers are required to complete this training. Substitute Custodians are exempt from this training.
Absence Management (formerly Aesop)
Gwinnett County Public Schools utilizes an automated substitute placement and absence management system called Absence Management. This system allows substitute-eligible employees to request a substitute online, by telephone, or by mobile device. Substitutes can also search and accept assignments online, by telephone, or by mobile device via Absence Management.
Teachers report their absences by calling a toll-free number or by logging into Absence Management. Substitutes can proactively fill their work calendars by searching for available assignments 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling a toll-free number or by logging into Absence Management.
Please access Absence Management online at www.aesoponline.com or by calling 1-800-942-3767 to create your profile. Your ID is your telephone number, including the area code, and your Pin is your five-digit zip code.