Physical distancing is most challenging on a school bus due to the limited space available. Strict physical distancing between riders of 6 feet is not practical, as that would result in as few as 12 riders per bus.
For that reason, it is required that all students, drivers, and monitors wear a mask or cloth face covering while riding the bus to and from school. GCPS’ Transportation Department also is taking
the following steps:
- All riders will be assigned seats on the bus.
- Buses will be cleaned between morning and afternoon routes each day.
- Masks or face coverings will be required on the
- bus for students and staff.
- Should a COVID-19 case be confirmed among those on a bus, the bus will be taken out of service to be disinfected.
- To maximize air circulation, roof hatches and windows will be opened.
- Children who become sick during the day may
- not ride the bus home.