2021 Kindergarten Registration
WHO: Parents or guardians of rising kindergartners—children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2021.
WHAT: Register your child for the 2021-22 school year in an easy, two-step process.
WHEN: April 6 to May 28 (Online registration begins April 6, and local school registration appointments will be available from April 12 to May 28.)
WHY: Completing online registration will help us be ready to welcome your new kindergartner and make sure your child is eligible for summer enrichment activities.
HOW: Much of the registration process, including the uploading of documents needed for registration, will be completed online. Most document attachments (PDF, JPG, DOC, PNG, etc.) are compatible. The file-size limit is 2 MB.
WHERE: Step 1—Complete online registration on the GCPS website, starting Tuesday, April 6.
Step 2—Between April 12 and May 28, schedule an appointment with your child’s new school to verify information, complete a kindergarten readiness profile, pick up materials to help prepare your child for school, and learn about exciting summer enrichment opportunities for your new kindergartner! Check the website of your child’s new school to learn more. If you’re not sure which school your child will attend, go to “Find My School” on the district website.
You should begin online registration now, even if your child’s health records are not up to date. Be sure to complete your child’s health screening and immunizations with the Health Department or your physician before school starts on August 4.
- What You Need for Online Registration
- What to Expect When Your Child is a Kindergartner
- How to Prepare for a Great Kindergarten Experience
- Phone list of Gwinnett Elementary Schools
- Count Up to Kindergarten…a guide to year-by-year milestones for ages 1-5
- Getting Ready for Kindergarten
- Summer Learning at Home for Rising Kindergartners
- 2021-22 school year calendar
- Welcome to Kindergarten and the School Nutrition Program
- Health Department Information
- Find My School
- Dual Language Immersion (DLI) in GCPS
- Learn about Gwinnett's Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS) curriculum and access the current AKS brochure for kindergarten. Ask ROVER to “fetch” a birth record for a child born in Georgia.
- Please take our Kindergarten Registration survey for parents and families (coming soon)