2022 Kindergarten Registration
We're looking forward to welcoming our new kindergarten students in the 2022-23 school year! Online registration for new kindergartners will open Monday, April 11!
WHO: Parents or guardians of rising kindergartners—children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2022.
WHAT: Register your child for the 2022-23 school year in an easy, two-step process.
WHEN: Starting Monday, April 11 and closing May 20!
WHY: Completing online registration will help us be ready to welcome your new kindergartner and make sure your child is eligible for summer enrichment activities.
HOW: Much of the registration process, including the uploading of documents needed for registration, will be completed online. Most document attachments (PDF, JPG, DOC, PNG, etc.) are compatible. The file-size limit is 2 MB.
WHERE: Step 1—Complete online registration on the GCPS website, starting Monday, April 11. (Go to www.gcpsk12.org and click on the New Student Enrollment button.)
Step 2—Schedule an appointment with your child’s new school to verify information, complete a kindergarten readiness profile, pick up materials to help prepare your child for school, and learn about exciting summer enrichment opportunities for your new kindergartner! Check the website of your child’s new school for more information. If you’re not sure which school your child will attend, go to “Find My School” on the district website.
All new kindergartners registered by May 20 will be entered into a drawing for cool learning prizes— tablets, games, puzzles, summer reading book bags, LEGO sets, school supplies, and more!
You should begin online registration on April 11, even if your child’s health records are not up to date. Be sure to complete your child’s health screening and immunizations with the Health Department or your physician before school starts on August 3.
- What You Need for Online Registration
- What to Expect When Your Child is a Kindergartner
- How to Prepare for a Great Kindergarten Experience
- Phone list of Gwinnett Elementary Schools
- Count Up to Kindergarten…a guide to year-by-year milestones for ages 1-5
- Getting Ready for Kindergarten
- Summer Learning at Home for Rising Kindergartners
- 2022-23 school year calendar
- Welcome to Kindergarten and the School Nutrition Program
- Health Department Information
- Find My School
- Dual Language Immersion (DLI) in GCPS
- Learn about Gwinnett's Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS) curriculum and access the current AKS brochure for kindergarten. Ask ROVER to “fetch” a birth record for a child born in Georgia.
- Please take our Kindergarten Registration survey for parents and families (coming soon)